Sr. Manager, Client Partnerships
4 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, Client Partnerships
San Mateo, CA
The PlayStation Network Advertising team is a global advertising sales organization focused on servicing the marketing needs of PlayStation’s strategic platform partners. These include PlayStation’s most integrated business partners across our Gaming, App and Entertainment portfolio. The Network Advertising business has accelerated in recent years and is investing in the team and technology to bring the business to new orders of magnitude growth! We are seeking a seasoned sales and marketing leader to manage a strategically focused, consultative sales team, selling PlayStation’s suite of advertising to our largest global customer segments.
The Senior Manager of Client Partnerships will help further our expansion and will play a key part in evolving future monetization strategy by facilitating the planning, prioritization and execution of central initiatives that grow the business. The candidate will partner closely with cross-functional teams to help develop scalable solutions that will empower their team with the tools needed to achieve their goals. We are looking for a self-starter who has proven success working across global offices, leading successful and distributed sales teams, and solving problems with limited oversight.
- Lead, nurture, develop and motivate an impactful Client Partnerships team
- Work and collaborate with a broad range of global, cross functional constituents; content lifecycle management, partner relations, conversion rate optimization, consumer insights, product, and marketing, to optimize our efforts in the market
- Be accountable for meeting global sales goals for assigned customer segments, in line with annual forecasts by maintaining accurate revenue plans & forecasts throughout the year
- Develop, engage, and maintain strong, ongoing relationships with key strategic partners
- Represent PlayStation by acting fairly, with integrity and with the highest ethical standards in external partner meetings
- Improve standard processes for client interaction, sales and services for PlayStation, including a good understanding of working with advertisers and agencies
- Identify key concerns and drive partners to solutions
- Increase the efficiency of the team by recognizing opportunities for innovative ways
- Work closely with RevOps to develop and launch GTM strategies for new, emerging business areas
- 12+ years of digital media, marketing or advertising industry experience with 6+ years management experience
- Experience working in and navigating a large global or high-growth organizations with many partners
- Commercial leadership skills with the ability to accurately forecast against sales quota targets
- Consistent track record of achieving profitable revenue growth
- Deep knowledge of online business models and Internet/consumer technology
- An understanding of product strategy and key requirements for scaling products and operations through partnerships
- Strong understanding of PlayStation, our ecosystem, and its core players
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to structure, negotiate, and maintain significant and complex strategic relationships
- Ability to travel as required
- High degree of familiarity using Salesforce as the central hub for all sales activities along with other enterprise project management and advertising software applications
- Passionate about gaming, media and entertainment with a perspective on consumer experience and the direction of these industries!
- Desire to be a part of a team on a high growth trajectory where selflessness in approach, positivity in the face of adversity and taking a learning approach in forging new paths is valued as much as the results that are delivered
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$192,600 — $288,800 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.