Sr. Manager, Art Management - League, Personalization
14 days ago
As a Senior Art Manager at Riot, you will manage a team of Art Leads and be focused on People Management, Craft Health, Systems, and Art Operations. You are also responsible for the hiring, onboarding, and offboarding of direct reports and ensuring that the team is meeting product needs, partnering with Production for a healthy art development pace.
As a Senior Art Manager for the League of Legends PC Personalization Initiative, you will report to the Art Director, mainly focused on the Initiative Strategy and Creative Management. If the Art Director is the ‘Why’ & the ‘What’, then the Art Manager is leading the ‘How’ and building the ‘Who’. You will lean on your years of experience to help manage one of the most well-oiled, ‘destination’ creative teams in the industry, building some of the most robust, scalable systems, collaborative partnerships, and player focused content. The Art Manager’s focus and responsibilities lie primarily in the operations and process of the art team. You will support the Craft and Art Leads on PIE, both in leadership-craft and career as we create assets that will both surprise and delight players. You will work closely with Product Leads, Delivery Leads, Stakeholders, and the Art Director to stay aligned on vision and priorities. Work closely with the Craft Art Leads on PIE and other LoL initiatives to build a ‘future forward’ workflow and consistent quality and style.
- Actively support, mentor, and manage the PIE Craft and Art leads, and their direct reports, by communicating department initiatives, sharing best practices, elevating leadership at Riot, and contributing as a community member.
- Manage career growth, comp, and motivation of all direct reports.
- Responsible for a healthy art team: Pace, size, growth; Staffing, Hiring, Performance Management of and through Craft & Art Leads
- Work with recruiting to find great talent for the team and ensure a good onboarding experience.
- Managing contracts for external artists
- Leading efforts in Art Documentation & organization of systems; Drive the development of style guides, clarity frameworks, and process/pipeline guidelines
- Lead PIE’s Creative efforts in Cross-Team Initiative development (i.e. Internal Transfers, Product Debt. Prevention).
- Collaborating with Wild Rift and partnering with Outsource Art Director and team
- Manage and communicate progress with the wider team
- 10+ years experience in video games industry
- 4+ years of management experience
- Experience as a Senior Artist or Lead
- Has worked on shipped titles and sustained titles
- Past leadership or management experience, deep understanding of leadership fundamentals
- Understanding of time management and task prioritization techniques/processes
- Understanding of Forecast Model and tracking software
- Proficiency in digital 2D/3D software packages (Adobe CC, Clip Studio Paint, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop and Substance Painter/Designer, etc.)
- Proficiency in video game development tools, pipelines, and workflows
- Familiar with manager work systems (Performance Calibration methods and software)
- Familiarity with the League of Legends IP including base Runeterra and Alternate Universes (Skin Thematics)
- Experience working with external vendors, giving thorough direction and delivering timely, clear feedback
- Experience in creating high quality, stylized art (such as 2D concepts, 3D character, animation, or VFX)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).