This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Manager, Analytics Engineering
17 days ago
Respawn Entertainment is hiring! We are a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
We’re looking for an accomplished Senior Analytics Software Engineer to join our Mobile team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making great games in a collaborative environment with a team of experienced professionals.
We’re picturing someone who is experienced in mobile game development, passionate about analytics engineering and eager to help our teams hit their development goals. If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
What you’ll do...
- Create and maintain dashboards for Product Managers, Engineers, and other users.
- Support self-service power users with advanced querying and analysis.
- Own the holistic architecture of the data pipelines and systems - from raw data through visualization.
- Partner with data engineers and product managers to translate raw analytics needs/requests into engineering requirements.
- Gain a deep understanding of the mechanics of the game in order to architect solutions in partnership with data engineers.
- Define event descriptions and attributes, craft example code for game developers, and define flows through diagrams and documentation for the development team, based on requirements from analysts, PMs, and engineers.
- Ownership of the list of all data events and attributes across all systems in the game.
Testing & Validation:
- Partner with QA and data engineers to create test plans for functional and load testing of data and telemetry.
- Be the Single Point of Contact for the game team, the Data Management team, and the Analytics team for all things related to data and analytics engineering / technology.
Ideally, you will have…
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years' experience working with Analytic tooling, Data pipelines, Relational databases, and visualization tools.
- Experience with partnering and collaboration with engineering teams and partners for requirements definition.
- An understanding of analytics data warehouse technologies such as Snowflake, BigQuery, and similar technologies.
- Experience collaborating between technical and non-technical teams.
- Experience using analytics tools such as QlikView, Qlik Sense, Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, and similar.
- Experience working with Databases, Building Schemas, Validating Data using Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL and similar technologies.
- Experience with a cloud-based data-warehousing system (e.g. Snowflake).
- Excellent SQL skills - DML and DDL - able to write complex SQL, multi-table joins and unions, to create dimensional models.
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Expert in researching troubleshooting techniques and best practices and use of new technologies.
- Bonus Qualification: Fluent in both English and Mandarin.
- Bonus Qualification: Experience working with ML technologies for Data modeling, forecasting.