Sr./Lead Backend Software Engineer - Java (Battlefield Central Tech)
25 days ago
Our Battlefield Technology Team is home to remarkable technical talent building Battlefield tools and technology on EA's proprietary game engine, Frostbite. We strive to empower engineering and content creation with a myriad of tools and workflows, while empowering the multi-studio distributed development team to create innovative and connected experiences for Battlefield fans around the world. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products, and that's why we're dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best as we work towards a common cause. Join us!
We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer, who is passionate about developing systems and services to support the live operations and online gameplay for our millions of users.
You will work in small teams that work together to create solutions for our games, using modern technologies and frameworks deployed to cloud-based infrastructure. You will work with multiple existing systems; some developed here at DICE, some developed externally. This will require working with a lot of different teams within EA and DICE. You will report into a Senior Engineering Manager.
- Analyze game designs and propose technical solutions for how they can be achieved.
- Develop distributed and, resilient, back-end services using Scala.
- Adapt central EA technologies to meet game design needs.
- Use modern open-source stacks including Scala, gRPC, Finagle, and Linkerd/Envoy.
- Deploy services on cloud-based infrastructures such as Kubernetes.
- Oversee performance at the service level.
- Develop live tools in the backend that we use to manage all aspects of our live games.
- Integrate the tooling platform with other internal services.
- 5+ years of experience in distributed, scalable, resilient, high-performing systems
- Knowledge of Git, or similar distributed source management system
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
Nice to Haves
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 3+ years of experience with functional languages (Scala, Clojure, Erlang-Elixir, Kotlin, Rust, Swift, F#)
- Experience with cloud deployment, as AWS
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of Java and C++ or C#
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or modern stacks
- Experience with Docker or similar container formats, modern stacks.
- Contributions to Open Source projects