Sr. Integration Engineer - MuleSoft
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Integration Engineer - MuleSoft
San Diego, California
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for an Integration Engineer to become part of the Enterprise Applications team which supports the deployment of custom application integrations and workflows for revenue-generating business units and administers our IPaaS solutions such as MuleSoft and Workato. Ideal candidates have a strong desire to build both in-depth technical skills and the ability to develop exemplary client-facing skills. Candidate will work on building and expanding integrations with connected applications to improve our business processes.
The Enterprise Applications team is responsible for collecting, supporting, and fulfilling IT requirements and needs according to global standards and issue solving. Work with business users to understand the requirements for building solutions based on IT Applications; collaborate training, post deployment and change management. The position will have ownership of functional design, requirements, customer expectations, scope/risk management, and support for various projects and coordination with global teams.
- Act as technical lead for integration initiatives - you’ll engineer, implement, and maintain integrations for enterprise application services.
- Drive automation and simplification of processes to reduce error rates, optimize resources and increase return on investment.
- Define standards and procedures to be implemented within SIE’s iPaaS solutions – specifically MuleSoft and Workato.
- Design integrations and reusable APIs through iPaaS.
- Enhance and grow our team’s integration service offering into a distributed operating model.
- Train other engineering teams in how to integrate with Enterprise Applications’ iPaaS environment(s).
- Identify appropriate Integration Pattern(s) for projects based off requirements and analysis.
- Participate in technical resource planning for new projects (licensing, infrastructure, etc.).
- Create and maintain thorough technical documentation, manuals, policies, and processes.
- Interpret requirements and develop, build & deploy integrations with alignment to standard software development excellence and benchmarking.
- Create/Run Basic CI/CD Pipelines.
- Participate in unit, system, integration, and user acceptance testing activities.
- Collaborate and connect with IT multi-functional teams and business.
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Technical certifications (preferred)
- A minimum of 6 years working of integration experience.
- A minimum 2-3 years with MuleSoft as a Sr. Developer and/or Architect.
- MuleSoft training and/or certification(s) preferred.
- Experience with REST, JSON database and SFTP connectors.
- Experience in API and Batch development.
- Hands on experience on MuleSoft’s and supporting development tool sets including CloudHub, DataWeave, Anypoint Platform.
- Experience integrating with Cloud/SaaS applications, APIs, SDK of packaged applications and legacy applications.
- Experience in deploying/running Mule flows to CloudHub
- Experience with JSON, XML, XSD and other data payload formats
- Expert-level understanding of REST/SOAP paradigm and sync vs async integration design and architecture
- Familiarity with monitoring related tools and frameworks like Splunk, ELK
- Experience working with API testing Tools like SOAPUI, Postman, etc.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and processes.
- Strong analytic skills; organized and detail oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.