Sr. Industry Manager – Core Manufacturing
San Francisco, CA
11 days ago
As a Senior Industry Manager at Unity, you will have the opportunity to lead Unity’s transformation of design, engineering, manufacturing and service workflows in the manufacturing industry. In this role, you will be responsible for business and go-to-market strategy as well as in close collaboration with business development, partner management and other teams. You will have a direct role in the pricing, packaging and positioning of Unity solutions for the manufacturing industry. You will identify new opportunities to solve meaningful customer problems with new products, by extending existing products and through partnerships. As a member of Unity’s wider verticals product team, you will be a key contributor to Unity’s verticals business.
You will bring a blend of business acumen and technical skills, and will be comfortable moving across business and technical domains. You will understand how customers solve their workflow needs today, and help customers achieve tangible business value by delivering solutions that transform these workflows.
- Define target customers and prioritize customer problems to solve
- Identify and quantify market opportunities
- Maintain an up-to-date analysis of competitive solutions
- Work with technical teams to define solutions to customer problems
- Lead strategic planning for relevant segments
- Together with product marketing, manage product pricing and packaging
- Plan and execute product launches together with cross-functional teams
- Minimum 7 years of overall experience with at least 2 years of product management in a technology business
- Deep understanding of design, engineering, manufacturing and/or service workflows in discrete manufacturing
- Successfully have launched new software products
- Relationships with leading customers in the manufacturing industry
- Proven ability to build a business case around a product or service
- Experience with one or more real-time 3D engines
- Experience working with development teams in a software company
- Pragmatic Marketing Framework knowledge or certification
- Partnered with sales teams to identify strategic opportunities
- The ideal candidate will have exceptional product management, communication, and leadership skills, and must be a great team player who works well in collaborative situations
- MS or MA valued
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.