Sr IT Security Engineer
Wizards of the Coast
5 days ago
AAt Hasbro, we are looking for people who want to explore, experiment, innovate and create. We’re changing the face of play and entertainment and looking for dreamers, doers, thinkers and creators to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of Community, Passion, Integrity and Creativity has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years and we believe the best is yet to come.
The Hasbro IT security team seeks a senior security engineer to lead the security program at the Wizards of the Coast (WotC) Renton, WA location. Reporting to the Director, IT Security and working directly with the Wizards gaming teams, you will lead online gaming and cloud security initiatives. You possess a blend of security competencies (including cloud security), an understanding of game secure software development processes and best practices, ability to work with little management oversight, creative thinking and effective interpersonal skills that will enable the individual to chip in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a cloud security framework designed to protect online gaming environments; collaborate with development and IT partners to implement the cloud security framework
- Assist in defining application development security standards and guidelines based on gaming industry best-practices; collaborate with software engineering teams to lead secure software development process enhancements based on standard methodologies
- Collaborate with IT security team members to deliver the corporate cyber security strategy at the WotC location including end-point and server security solutions, log aggregation technologies and event monitoring systems
- Research security technologies and drive proof-of-concept evaluations; participate in the deployment, integration and initial configuration of new security solutions and improvements to existing security solutions to ensure high performance with gaming developers and online game environments
- Perform lead role as the WotC member of the global incident response team
Key Skills & Education:
- Minimum of 8 years-experience with common security tools and applications a requirement (intrusion prevention, firewall technologies, anti-virus, anti-malware, user-behavior analytics solutions, network anomaly detection systems)
- Cloud security experience working systems located with Azure and AWS environments
- Experience with secure software development techniques and tools such as network and code scanners and “policy as code” policy automation
- Familiarity with common network, system and web application attack vectors and related mitigation strategies
- Ability to work independently, as a key contributor to the IT security team and lead multi-functional teams
- Ability to identify & propose solutions that improve security capabilities & drive operational efficiencies
- Effective communication skills and the ability to independently handle small projects
- Online gaming experience preferred (including playing)
- CISSP, GCIH, GSEC, CRISC, or other security certifications considered a plus
Hasbro is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status.