Head of Product - PopCap
Seattle Washington United States
7 months ago
***MUST HAVE CURRENT FREE-TO-PLAY MOBILE GAMING EXPERIENCE**
PopCap is an award-winning game development studio located in downtown Seattle, nestled between the ocean and mountains of the great Pacific Northwest. Founded in 2000, PopCap, best known for Bejeweled, Peggle, Zuma, Insaniquarium and Plants vs. Zombies is an Electronic Arts studio. Fueled by gems, frogs, unicorns, mermaids, and brainz, we’re a passionate group of creators focused on building high-quality games that connect our fans worldwide.
Our culture is highly collaborative and performance-driven, and we seek a colleague who exhibits our core values of T.A.C.O.S. ( T EAMWORK, a bias for A CTION, a passion for C REATIVITY, an O BSESSION for delighting players, and a mastery of S CIENCE)!
As part of the studio leadership team, you will help shape the types of games we make, lead and inspire studio Game Product Managers to do their best work and work with cross-discipline leaders to set and achieve aggressive goals.
You will exhibit mastery over mobile growth and life cycle management best practices, translate genre trends to actionable insights, and be fluent in free to play game design. You will provide leadership to game teams throughout the game development lifecycle from concept to prototype to production and best in class live services.
- Inspire and lead the game product management team at PopCap
- Inculcate a learning and experimentation studio culture, rooted in scientific rigor in collaboration with the Director of Analytics
- Work with game teams and central partners to set and validate product goals through consumer insights, competitive research, and quantitative player data.
- Identify opportunities to improve technology, tools, and processes to optimize product management team productivity and business outcomes for our portfolio of games
- B e an oracle of knowledge for all mobile gaming trends including device and OS market share, the strengths and weakness of each monetization model, and why the latest games are succeeding or failing.
- Formally and informally present product vision and plans at all stages of product development to studio and EA executives on a regular basis
- Partner with marketing/growth teams and to forecast, test and scale our games in soft launch, and live
- Continually optimize ad revenues across the portfolio
- Current experience working on mobile, free to play game titles.
- A track record of success in game development, from concept to live ops
- A track record of attracting, developing and retaining product management talent
- Very strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven design and decision-making.
- Strong communication and writing skills, with experience preparing and presenting information to various stakeholders. Ability to effectively communicate both creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Comfortable with statistical concepts and advanced business metrics.
- Strong in Excel, ability to create and manage models and simulators for virtual economies.
- Working knowledge of data querying languages (SQL/R/Python) and tools.
- Built or worked on at least one successful web or mobile consumer-facing product.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to juggle priorities and projects.
- Experience working in a fast-paced AGILE development environment.
- An avid consumer of live service games – is inspired by playing them and is always thinking about how they can improve.
- 5+ years of experience in game product management, with at least 3 years in a leadership role
- BS/BA degree, ideally in a quantitative discipline