Sr. Game Artist
Richardson Texas United States
20 days ago
PeopleFun is a rapidly growing studio where development teams thrive on collaboration, creativity, and fun! Our mission is to create the best family-friendly casual games in the mobile market, and have a great time doing it.PeopleFun seeks a multitalented Mobile Sr. Game Artist who has a deep passion for games, especially in the casual/mobile space, and is experienced in bringing creative ideas to life in game engines. This position requires someone with a wide range of artistic ability to maximize their effectiveness to solve creative and complex problems, especially in the User Interface areas of Art. This artist will specialize in Conceptualizing, generating Motion Graphics, and producing UI ANimations used for prototyping and communicating ideas. It’s imperative that you have the ability to quickly put things into the engine and iterate with the team. You’ll work on existing game features for our existing projects as well as helping to create new projects, all the while, helping to design endearing player experiences that elevate our games to the next level. You will be an integral part of the pipeline, and should be able to independently design, execute, and make your artwork jump off the screens of our games. You will be surrounded by passionate people who will challenge you to become an even better game developer every day
Important: To be considered, please provide a cover letter to explain, in your own words, your interest in this position and why you feel you'd be a great fit.
- Ability to quickly interpret design ideas into rough concepts and eventually into motion graphics and playable prototypes, that can eventually become fully realized gameplay sequences.
- Rapidly generate rough conceptual ideas, and quickly iterate and collaborate with the team. Then have the ability to change gears, slowing down to polish assets to a ‘Best-in-Class’ release quality
- Cross discipline collaboration from initial concept through prototype and release
- Ability to work with internal, an external, artists
- Supports team in design, working closely with programmers, production, and everyone else on a tightly knit game team
- Natural affinity towards 2D User Interface art for mobile games
- 7+ years prior professional experience as an artist developing games (Preferably Mobile Games)
- Excellent Technical abilities in mobile game engine technology, and ability to creatively solve problems while ultimately pushing the design forward.
- Highly collaborative. Experience working with other artists and can potentially take the lead on strike teams, features, or even projects
- Take initiative and will help create and maintain a vision for a game, understanding that following through with memorable game experiences is a team effort
- A passionate, performance-driven self-starter
- Strong 2d skills, but a mastery of showing ideas, and sketching out and clearly communicating a wide range of possibilities
- Experienced in creating Moodboards, Style guides, Brand guidelines & other necessary documentation
- Be passionate, and love the games you are helping to create. Understand the market and the broad audience that we are reaching with PeopleFun games, and be able to create artwork that continues to grow and evolve in that space.
- Deep understanding of art pipelines and how to implement art into a game Engine.
- Actively seeks out additional ways to learn and grow.
- Flexible, and adaptable to changing and evolving needs of a live product
- MUST have a portfolio with work samples that illustrate your expertise in your craft, and have shipped quality games in the mobile space.
- Mastery and deep understanding of Unity for mobile game development
- Graphic Design background- in addition to working on new and exciting games in the casual mobile space, we also continue to support our variety of Word games on the market.
- Interest in player behavior and player experience, with a Solid understanding of usability, UX, UI, interactive design
- Deep mobile market knowledge
- 3d skills in 3dmax/ Maya or similar 3d software
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonuses
- 401K with 3% employer matching
- Family-friendly culture
- Flex PTO policy
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- On-Site Gym and free Yoga classes
- $1,000 annual game device and IAP budget
- Free drinks & snacks, catered lunch on Fridays