This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Game Analyst, Business Intelligence/Inference
Palo Alto, CA
8 months ago
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
MZ values execution upon data driven decisions. The game analytics team embodies this through three overarching goals:
1. We support product launches and operations with actionable metrics and insights to maximize value
2. We educate and empower the game studio to use data and improve our product and operations
3. We develop fast, scalable, and impactful data analytics products to meet the business needs of the game studio
As a member of the game analytics team, you will drive results through scalable data products, changing the landscape of mobile gaming.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner closely with teams responsible for revenue, product design, and others across the studio to identify impactful business problems and translate them into structured analyses, actionable insights, and data products
- Use exploratory data analysis techniques to identify meaningful relationships, patterns, or trends from complex data sets
- Design, implement, and evaluate experiments to test hypotheses around user conversion, sales, and live events to improve engagement, retention, and monetization across all MZ Games
- Instrument in-game actions by working in tandem with Engineering and Data Platform teams - enabling MZ to track, measure, and evaluate performance of new features and game content
- Collaborate with other analysts, providing statistical and modeling guidance on their analyses and projects
- Educate your fellow analysts on how to apply statistical rigor to their analyses and business recommendations
Your background and who you are:
- 8+ years work experience analyzing large datasets in an analytics or product centric role
- Advanced degree (Masters/Ph.D.) in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or other quantitative discipline
- Proficient with SQL, Hive, or other querying language
- Proficient with R, Matlab, or other statistical packages
- Some experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, Superset, and d3
- Familiar with Python or other scripting languages
- A firm believer in the practical application of statistics - you have a deep toolkit of statistical techniques and know how to pick the appropriate tool for the challenge at hand
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to go with your technical expertise
- It’s second nature for you to tell coherent and compelling narratives around complicated quantitative concepts that can be easily understood by non-technical stakeholders
- A team player that is results-focused and an intellectually curious self-starter
- You bring a "can-do" attitude and are looking to own initiatives end-to-end in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Take pride in the quality of your work output
- Your code, analyses, and documentation all reflect that of someone who is extremely detail-oriented
- Familiar with and passionate about analyzing user behavior on consumer mobile applications
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.