USA-CA-Los Angeles-Center Dr / 260
5 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The primary role for this position will be to work on the development of web applications. The ideal candidate must be a skilled React.js developer with experience in web application development using Java stack in the backend. He/She will work with peers on the development of large-scale systems that support other Sony's businesses in the digital content and customer service area. The role will primarily be focused on development and delivery of projects. He/She is encouraged to communicate with members of the Technology group by providing status, identifying and raising issues and participating in planning activities.
- Implement the User Interface for web applications using React.js and other web technologies.
- Write backend APIs using Java stack
- Take individual responsibility for the entire development cycle from requirements definition and design through coding, debugging, testing and final release.
- Work closely within a tight knit team of experienced engineers to produce high-quality software products on a bold schedule.
- Demonstrate professional engineering practices including alignment to coding standards, producing design documentation, and supporting integration.
- Write and execute unit tests.
- Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to technical or project lead
- Refactor existing code base and improve overall quality of code
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, and Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial software development, especially focusing on front-end.
- Knowledgeable in Java stack and experience writing REST APIs using Java technologies (Spring, hibernate, MySQL)
- Expertise in object-oriented design methodologies
- Experience working with medium to large scale code bases in small to large groups
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience developing with support for Cross-browser compatibility
- Familiarity with NodeJS, AngularJS
- Familiarity with ObjectveC
- Experience building cloud deployed applications
- Knowledge with libraries such as React, Angular, PIXI, Antd
- You value team success over personal success
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in SIE.