This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Financial Systems Analyst
Santa Monica, CA
3 months ago
Job Title: Sr. Financial Systems Analyst
Reporting To: Sr. Manager, Financial Systems
Department: Corporate Controllership
Location: Santa Monica, CA
The role of Senior Financial Systems Analyst involves working closely with various finance and business teams across the organization to understand the businesses and management priorities in order to help convert the business needs into a workable solution that is aligned with the long-term system and reporting strategy of the Finance department. The position will serve as a liaison between finance/business teams and IT, ensuring that business needs are met with appropriate technology solutions, as well as a project manager to ensure tasks and projects are planned and executed according to agreed timeline. The position should understand and own logic and purpose of our financial apps (Hyperion at first) and be a subject matter expert to the finance community. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, experience supporting financial reporting and FP&A operations, as well as experience with financial systems (Oracle R12, Hyperion, OBIEE).
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with key stakeholders and end users to effectively determine needs and define/document business requirements
- Support and/or lead system projects and enhancement requests, including gathering of requirements and best practices, assisting in design and development phases where appropriate, QA testing, training, UAT coordination, and post-implementation support
- Maintain excellent working relationship with IT and business
- Identify, propose, and implement improvements that can be made to systems and processes
- Support system users as follows:
- Training of staff as necessary to improve analysis
- Create training manuals and guides
- Answer questions regarding assumptions and logic in reporting/analysis models
- Provide clear communication of system activities through publishing information through web, e-mail, meetings, etc.
- Maintaining documentation on key systems and processes
- Centralize internal reporting requirements and solutions, gather inputs and viewpoints and generate consistent solutions (balance and distinguish ad hoc analysis and standardized reporting / structural solutions).
- Review and maintain Chart of Accounts set up and roll up thru DRM, and its documentation.
- Maintain Oracle cross-validation and security rules set up.
- An regular and on-going basis, provide Financial Systems Architecture training across the Finance function, so that a minimum level of common understanding and knowledge in built into the capability of the organization.
- Facilitate regular system and process governance activities (quarterly enhancement prioritizations and planning, coordination of system tasks, quarterly system/process feedback consolidation and reporting, etc.)
- Supporting various projects / initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Finance or Accounting, or related
- A minimum experience of 5 years relevant experience working in a business analysis capacity, ideally with financial applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communications
- Customer service mentality: business users or business partners who request your help with business requirements for reporting and analysis are your customers
- Minimum 2 years' experience with Hyperion Essbase/Planning system administration or business analysis
- Good project management skills
- Focused problem-solving and analysis
- Analytical and logical, and able to manage data intensive spreadsheets
- Strong understanding of and partnership with the business and the finance functions
- Self-driven, proactive, results-oriented
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We’re proud to be included as one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®” for five consecutive years and for having received a perfect score on the 2019 Corporate Equality Index released by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the nation’s largest LGBTQ civil rights organization. We've earned a spot on FORTUNE’s "World’s Best Employers," “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists, in addition to, being ranked one of Fast Company's World’s Most Innovative Companies in Gaming for three years in a row. Our global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners. #AB