Sr. Financial Analyst – FP&A
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com .
The Sr. Financial Analyst role in Forecasting and Planning will report into the Manager of FP&A, Game Publishing. This position will be responsible for Financial Planning & Analysis for Gearbox Entertainment Inc & it’s subsidiaries.
- Responsible to work closely with Gearbox Publishing entity, Meezey entity & Project Teams to create / maintain and actualize the forecast comprising of five rolling quarters, an annual plan, and 3 and 5 years LRP.
- Manage the ongoing requirements, through headcount reconciliations, OPEX review, balance sheet review, and participation variance analysis.
- Develop metrics for currency card activation and redemption review.
- Responsible for Project planning including headcount costs, direct project spend, internal allocations, and new and current business deals
- Work with Finance partner to support on key inputs into the Strategic Plan, Annual Plan, and Quarterly Forecasts.
- Work with Finance partner to support by-title ultimate’s P&Ls for the monthly, quarterly, and long-range planning process.
- Develop and set new metrics in place to evaluate necessary reserves for inventory and AR, partner with Accounting to mitigate financial swings.
- Set-up and manage timely financial reviews with business partners every month to analyze results, forecast spending, and headcount to ensure business partners have a clear understanding of:
- Their financial plan for the year, including headcount
- Their long-range modeling for out-years (3 and 5 years)
- Their current forecast and changes vs. Plan
- Their current and YTD financial performance vs. Plan/prior forecast
- Conduct ad hoc financial analysis on new business development and new product planning, based on industry trends, market analysis, etc.
- Support ad hoc requests from executive management and senior staff as needed to include and not limited to Quarterly Business Review decks, analysis for Earnings, staffing/spending analysis, to name a few.
- Support forecasting tool implementation through testing, design, and reconciliation.
- Support Accounting by providing monthly development costs from the Access database.
- Minimum of 3+ years as a Financial Analyst in an FP&A role.
- BA or B.S in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Experience with forecasting and analysis tools such as Adaptive.
- Advanced financial & excel / system skills required.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Project Accounting, Forecasting, Reporting & Variance Analysis
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in fast paced environment and ability to deliver results under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of gaming/entertainment industry .
- Knowledge of NetSuite or Adaptive Insights
- IFRS knowledge.
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.