Sr. Financial Analyst – FP&A
12 days ago
Job Posting TitleSr. Financial Analyst – FP&A
SummaryWe are seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst whose primary focus is to be a key business partner to assigned Digital D&D stakeholders - one of our biggest assets is our Digital Design & Development talent. This role can be based out of Las Vegas, NV, Denver, CO, Austin, TX, or Sydney, Australia.
The Sr. Financial Analyst will ensure core financial processes are established, will provide reporting, analysis, insight, forecasting and budgeting and will support the existing and future games pipeline and Digital D&D investments. The role is both strategic and operational. This person will work collaboratively across a wide range of stakeholders & has a direct influence & impact on the financial outcome of the PSI organization.
The role is operational where the key outcomes are to:
• To contribute to the success of Aristocrat by financial and accounting support to the local stakeholders.
• Responsible for supporting the leadership team to interpret financial data to track against financial objectives.
• Provision of commercial systems, processes, reports, and management information that enable analysis, recommendations, and review of actions for business opportunities, projects and gap closure.
• Responsible for the department reporting and analysis to senior management and to Group Finance. Includes any additional Half Year and Year End reporting.
• Servicing local business partners with regular and ad-hoc analysis of information to provide insight into relevant business drivers.
• Providing objective and relevant analysis and modelling to support the development of budgets and business plans.
The outlook of the role is primarily internal. Internally the role must work collaboratively with Product Madness, Big Fish, Plarium, PSI Finance and Accounting team, Corporate and Digital Accounting, Corporate Finance, and local D&D teams where the focus of the role is to optimize business performance through the successful implementation of business initiatives.
What you'll do
- Generation of weekly & monthly standard reporting packs
- Generation of weekly & monthly ad hoc reporting & analysis as required
- Business partnering involves ensuring financial accounting and reporting is accurate and timely, including monthly reporting and analysis, annual Plans and Quarterly LE’s. Also, includes Head Count. Timely and insightful analysis is a key deliverable.
- Monitor key business drivers & provide analysis of variances from targeted results along with recommendations to close any gaps.
- Modelling and analysis of assigned cost centers of their budget and forecasts. Ensure that outputs are linked to key drivers and ensuring that all assumptions are visible and agreed.
- Responsible for monitoring, tracking and accurate reporting of any third-party studio cost and royalties.
- Financial responsibility for Digital D&D enablers including Real Estate, Capex, and Game Development Cost
- Assist Digital Finance leadership to embed commercial systems & processes and ensure that business policies are adhered to.
- Any other ad hoc projects as they arise.
What we're looking for
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in broad finance roles, covering both financial & management accounting
- Proven proficiency in accounting and strong knowledge of reporting requirements
- Proven proficiency to identify and understand key drivers in a complex commercial environment
- Proven proficiency to understand and analyze financial data and provide recommendations to management that allows effective and efficient achievement of business objectives
- Proven proficiency in project accounting/reporting.
- Experience in finance business partnering role and ability to build, maintain and manage stakeholder relationships
- Effective communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to liaise (& challenge when necessary) with business operations.
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and takes initiative whenever an opportunity presents itself.
- Self-motivated, drives to completion / resolution
- Experience operating in large projects and throughout the lifecycle of project and process implementing cross-functional transformation initiatives.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Power BI, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Planner, and Outlook. Goal Seek, Python, and R preferred but not required.
- Experience with an ERP and Financial software such as TM1/Cognos, D365, Analplan, Hyperion, and Pillar are preferred but not required.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.