This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Engineering Manager
28 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Our engineering team is building the experiences that make PlayStation the number one destination for gaming. With your strong acumen and technical skills, you will lead a team of 5 to 7 engineers in California and provide work direction for 10+ engineering team members in Sony India. You will also work closely with product management, QA, and operations to deliver our products.
- Leading, mentoring, and encouraging a team of mid-level to senior engineers to deliver highly available, globally distributed cloud based applications
- Effectively own the delivery of a key experience on PlayStation that meets product specifications and delights our players
- Provide some hands-on development assistance to the team across all phases of development
- Owns uptime and availability of micro services under their direction, including providing and managing tier-2 support
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings
- 5-7+ years of experience in an engineering management role
- Extensive experience with agile development methodologies and processes required
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams
- Experience in building highly scalable microservices using Golang, NoSQL databases and Kubernetes is a plus
- Prior experience in Golang, NLU/NLP, voice related Machine Learning (ML)/Artificial Intelligence (AI) modelling is a plus
- Be able to travel on an as-needed basis to meet with collaborating teams
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$208,000 — $312,000 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.