Sr. Engineering Manager, Monetization
Palo Alto, CA
13 days ago
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
As the manager of the monetization engineering team, you will constantly push the boundaries of how MZ Game Studio generates revenue. As a leader in this exciting and fast-paced industry, you will use your deep understanding of scalability and parallelization to develop core back-end server technology that feed the monetization and intelligence within our games.
Can you work in a dynamic environment and translate business needs into a high-quality product? Do you want to be a part of highly visible, select group of individuals that directly impact daily revenue? Join us and tackle complex challenges, build platforms, and deploy at massive scale! We are looking for self-starting engineers with experience developing sophisticated server-side applications.
You will collaboratively drive technical projects and provide leadership for a group of engineers in an innovative and fast paced environment. You will work with our product managers, live operators, engine, and art teams to collaborate on the overall planning, execution, and success of our projects.
What you will be doing:
- Provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Collaborate on assigning areas of product ownership to engineers
- Assist in prioritization and resource allocation
- Maintain high morale and keep engineers engaged and motivated
- Daily performance management of all reporting staff
- Participate in architecture discussions and planning with other stakeholders to
- deliver software that meets customer needs
- Effectively evaluate and hire top talent
- Explore and implement new technologies benefiting both players and internal
- Work closely with executive producers, data scientists, data analysts, and
- designers to define technical solutions for revenue-impacting features
Your background and who you are:
- 8+ years software development experience with a distinguished track record on
- technically demanding projects
- 4+ years relevant experience managing large, fast-paced, and dynamic
- engineering teams
- Strong technical skills in client/server development
- Ability to motivate people and instill ownership, reliability, teamwork, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, impeccable organizational and
- time management skills
- Experience in short release cycles
- Bachelor's Degree. BS in CS or EE preferred
- Experience in agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Prior development or management experience with product development teams
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.