Sr. Engineering Manager - Frostbite
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
14 days ago
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state of the art multi-platform game development engine. We empower game creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with teams across EA to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of our industries’ most visually stunning games with deep player experiences in the industry.
What does the Frostbite team do?
We develop the Frostbite engine, EA’s state of the art multi-platform game development engine. Working on Frostbite means bringing the engine to some of the most acclaimed franchises in the business such as Battlefield and FIFA. Frostbite leverages its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve.
Creating and applying leading-edge technology in the gaming industry is not easy but it is increasingly the difference-maker between an evolutionary game and a revolutionary one. Here at Frostbite, we are setting the bar high and have a team of great engineers who are dedicated, capable and willing to reach it to ship the next awesome game. We are located across North America (Vancouver, Edmonton, Orlando, Montreal) and Europe (Guildford, Stockholm, Bucharest).
What does an Engineering Manager do?
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead and motivate the team and ensure a focus on quality, collaboration and communication. You will help shape people’s careers and mentor the team in growing and reaching their full potential.
Team and Operational Management
- Manage software engineering teams
- Provide feedback and guidance to help the team perform to a high standard
- Monitor workload and recognize extra effort
- Provide input for departmental planning (i.e. resource planning, effort estimates etc.)
- Understand and assist in implementing process improvements across groups and advocate for the team.
- Successfully deliver projects using Agile development in a distributed development environment
- Estimate the impact of change requests on project schedule, budget, and resources
- Ensure technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
Strategy and Planning
- Coordinate with project stakeholders and product owners to prioritize projects
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the project goals
- Evaluate and resolve dependencies and establish success criteria
Skills and Experience
- Experience with software development or related technical experience
- Leadership experience in a high tech company, including managing direct reports
- Experience with programming languages, namely C++ and/or C#
- Experience in the game industry or with a game engine
- Demonstrated experience with distributed development across multiple locations
- Strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization
- Bachelor’s degree
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. Since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know: