This job might no longer be available.
Senior Engineering Manager - Frostbite, Foundation and Schematics
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
7 months ago
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. We empower game creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. Our team from across the globe is dedicated to building creative technology and working closely with teams across EA to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of our industries’ most visually stunning games with a deep player experience.
What does the Frostbite team do?
We develop the Frostbite engine, EA’s multi-platform game development engine. Working on Frostbite means bringing the engine to some of the most acclaimed franchises in the business such as Battlefield and FIFA. Frostbite uses its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve.
Creating new technology in the gaming industry is not easy but it is increasingly the difference-maker between an evolutionary game and a revolutionary one. Here at Frostbite, we are setting the bar high and have a team of great engineers who are dedicated and willing to reach it to ship the next amazing game. We are located across North America (Vancouver, Edmonton, Orlando, Montreal) and Europe (Guildford, Stockholm, Bucharest).
What does the Foundation and Schematics team do?
The Foundation team enables Frostbite and EA’s game teams to ship highly performant games across platforms by providing platform-abstraction technologies and offering guidance as platform experts in many different tech areas.
The Schematics team are responsible for Frostbite's gameplay scripting technologies, which act as the interface to all game systems in the engine. Using Schematics content creators and programmers can rapidly program, debug, and optimize game features without ever restarting their games.
What does an Engineering Manager do?
You will report to the Senior Director, Frostbite Engineering and you will lead and motivate the team to ensure quality, collaboration and communication. You will help shape people’s careers and mentor the team in growing and reaching their full potential.
Engineering Workflows and Release
Team and Operational Management
- Manage software engineering teams
- Provide feedback and guidance to help the team perform to a high standard
- Monitor workload and recognize extra effort
- Provide input for departmental planning (i.e. resource planning, effort estimates etc.)
- Improve developer workflow, coding standard, process improvements across groups and advocate for the team.
- Estimate the overall impact of change requests
- Ensure technical problems are resolved in partnership with Technical Director
Strategy and Planning
- Coordinate with project partners and product owners
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the project goals
- Evaluate and resolve considerations and establish success criteria
- Software development experience
- Leadership experience in a high-tech company, including managing direct reports
- C++ or C# experience
- Distributed development across multiple locations
- Mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related professional work experience
- Cross platform development experience
- Mobile, Console, Mac, PC,Linux...
- Real time systems
- WPF tools development
- knowledge or experience working in a SAFe Agile environment
- Experience managing remote teams
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know: