This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Engineering Manager, Data Platform
2 months ago
As the Senior Engineering Manager for our Data Platform team, you will own the team responsible for the critical data platform infrastructure development and operations supporting over $1B in revenue. Define strong vision for business continuity and implement a technical strategy to help protect business revenue risk. Develop efficient data infrastructure, platform services, and self-serve tools to empower many teams across Unity to deliver new revenue streams. Finally, by building capabilities for OPEX forecasting, alerting, and experimentation, we will enable greater cost saving that will improve margins. Your efforts will lead and influence data driven culture at Unity to supporting decision making and business growth. This is a high visibility and high impact role with an excellent internal growth trajectory. Come join us in building next generation of data capabilities at Unity!
What you’ll be doing
- Grow and build a strong, healthy, and diverse team through hiring new members and mentoring and coaching the existing team.
- Lead a hardworking infrastructure team who is responsible for technical development, capacity and infrastructure project planning and oversight, including: metrics, reporting, technical services and long term global planning.
- Lead architecture and development of infrastructure components of a robust and scalable real-time big data streaming platform.
- Build multi-functional relationships with Engineering, Security/Privacy, Data Engineering, Data Science, and Product Engineering teams to maintain a service oriented delivery model to enable success across multiple business units.
- Implement tooling for forecasting and handling over $16M in OPEX including comprehensive plan to reduce cost and improve margins!
What we’re looking for
- Development experience building data infrastructure using mainstream technologies with a focus on Big Data and real-time streaming technology stack.
- Proven record of architecting large-scale data infrastructure authoritatively and experience with technologies like Kafka, Kubernetes, Apache Beam, Terraform, Grafana and similar.
- Experience in deploying cloud infrastructure at scale - AWS and GCP
- Strong skills in business leadership, organization design, and risk management.
- Ability to communicate optimally to different audiences - engineers, partner teams, stakeholders, and leadership.
You might also have
- Strong background in building distributed systems or services using cloud technologies
- Experience working in Advertising or Gaming domain
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.