This job might no longer be available.
Early Career Program Manager
4 months ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What we do
Our People teams – which include our pillars of HR, People Strategy, Rewards, Talent Acquisition, and Employee Engagement & DEI – help grow and develop our talented organization. We find, hire, and support the passionate people who will shape and build our company. We believe people do their best work when they’re happy and challenged, so we work to make Epic a place where we continually strive to do right by our community and customers.
What you’ll do
As the Early Career Program Manager, you'll play a critical role both internally and externally representing Epic's early career program, and driving our teams toward successful outcomes year-to-year. Internally, you'll partner with multiple lines of business, ensuring engagement, goal alignment and retention strategies within the early career program to lead toward successful conversion outcomes. You'll help us innovate and expand our program through an apprenticeship model that will provide Epic experiences through a strong culture of inclusion, mentorship, and early career development. Externally, you'll help Epic engage and cultivate a diverse talent pipeline. You will bring a high level of passion and energy to diverse post secondary audiences, to generate excitement and leads into gaming and 3D. You'll also build and maintain relationships with global academic partners and universities, liaising with educators and student groups of all kinds, as you connect skill building and education to employment at Epic.
In this role, you will
- Lead and maintain strategic recruiting partnerships with top academic institutions, vocational programs, and diverse organizations
- Design and carry out special engagements to build early career talent pipelines, such as competitions, participation in academic and industry events and conferences
- Partner cross-functionally with education and DEI on UE skill-building and evangelism efforts
- Help develop an apprenticeship initiative across strategic Epic teams
- Work with interns and hiring teams to track individual goals and outcomes, and act as partner to the leads/mentors to bridge skills gaps ensuring talent meets Epic’s bar for success
- Work with hiring teams to cultivate inclusive teams enabling interns to succeed and thrive
- Facilitate the performance management process for the early career program, including intern to full-time conversion
What we’re looking for
- Deep understanding of the post-secondary tech skills market across North America, having built prior relationships with educators and student organizations
- Experience with apprenticeships, knowledge of tying secondary education to post-secondary opportunities
- Excellent project management and time management skills, ability to shift priorities and strategy quickly and with ease
- Proven ability to drive process initiatives, proactively solve problems, and be a force multiplier
- Strong situational judgment and a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Comfort with ambiguity, and knowing what to do when there isn’t a clear path forward
- Passion for early careers. Experience and desire for cultivating inclusive teams, being a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrated experience facilitating presentations and/or training content
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaborative skills, can effectively partner across teams and levels
- Ability to travel 25-50% during peak seasons once Epic resumes in-person activities (currently remote)
This position is listed in multiple locations across the United States including but not limited to
Cary, North Carolina
San Diego, California
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.