Sr. Director of Product, Mobile
17 days ago
Job Title:Sr. Director of Product, Mobile
Job Title: Sr. Director of Product, Mobile
Reporting To: VP, Product
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Welcome to Activision Mobile. We’re a new in-house studio, dedicated to developing the best AAA mobile games in the world. Our first project is the AAA mobile hit Call of Duty: Mobile, which is on track to generate over $1 billion in consumer spending in 2021. We are looking for great talent from mobile, console and PC backgrounds who are passionate about their work and share our belief in what AAA experiences on mobile can and should be. We’re extraordinarily excited to build out our teams and get to work, and invite you to join us in making something special.
As the Senior Director of Product for a hugely ambitious, unannounced mobile game in the COD universe, you will manage a large part of what strives to be one of the largest live service games in the world. You will focus on the strategy, development, and operations of the core game. There are three major aspects of core game:
- Live Ops, who plan and implement a calendar of engagement events, monetization offers and marketing, and who work closely with the Content team to map out epic new monthly Seasons
- Core Game and Gameplay, who defines strategy for everything to do once in a match itself
- Accessibility, which is about ensuring players have as easy time as is humanly possible to install and re-engage with the game over time
This role will involve lots of cross team collaboration and people management. Our ideal product director wants to help grow our games not only by applying her/his personal experience but also by improving the immense talent we have – think strategic frameworks, processes that give visibility and input while still empowering the team, and concrete development plans.
As the Sr. Director of Product, you will be responsible for:
- Evaluating and helping craft quarterly strategies for each of Call of Duty Mobile’s Product Live Ops and Core Game teams with an eye to the outcomes we want to bring about. Product at Activision is about the what and the why; help ensure these questions we’ve answered honestly and thoughtfully and on time.
- Ensuring smooth and consistent execution of each of the teams described above; players will set a very high bar for our game, and meeting expectations
- Creating standardized frameworks around Live Ops event/sale iterations and new features to ensure each big bet we make has a well-reasoned hypothesis, financial forecast, and clear user-level success criteria, and that we follow up post launch to re-evaluate how we did
- Identifying and crafting tailored growth plans for talent on the product team
- Working with leads across Product, Engineering, UX, Production, Marketing, Content, Design, and Analytics to make sure each live Season is as compelling as it can be.
- 8 years of product management in mobile gaming industry with experience building features & roadmaps, understanding live game performance, and running sophisticated live ops
- Proven track record to lead up and down across the organization with strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal & written communication abilities
- A deep desire to improve outcomes by improving people, building frameworks, and working with production to ensure we have the right processes
- A love of shooters is a strong plus!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.