Sr Director of Product Development - Battlefield
9 days ago
Senior Director of Product Development
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
Quality Verification & Standards (QVS) is a global team leading Quality Verification, Certification, User Research, and Community PlayTesting for all EA products and external Studio partners.
We're searching for a Head of QV for the Battlefield franchise. You will report to the Global Head of Quality Verification and be part of a dynamic team of senior Quality leaders, Business leaders, and discipline owners worldwide within QVS. Alongside your team & your peers, you will pioneer verification practices that are both scalable & sustainable in an environment of exponential growth in the scope of experience and choice for our players. You will be an active participant & leader in setting the future direction of QV at EA. You and your team will also be deeply integrated partners in the Battlefield product development organization, ensuring we meet the highest standards of Quality across every Battlefield experience and all aspects of the Development & the Battlefield executive team.
The practice of Quality Verification is undergoing dynamic change and transformation. You will demonstrate an analytical approach and be comfortable making data-informed & objective decisions to guide the path forward for your team, peers & partners. Our scale, global reach, and connections require prioritization and focus. The ability to switch priority areas and altitudes is necessary for your success. You are collaborative, build relationships and excel at working with multiple partners.
- A people manager & team leader. Set inspiring & measurable goals, guide the team toward them, and measure progress
- Partner with other Sr leaders to build, influence, and strengthen a culture of change and new ideas within your immediate team and partner groups
- Participate in strategic programs that want to improve or transform quality practices & Quality Verification at EA.
- Partner with Executives, franchise leaders & the Global Head of Quality Verification to set and deliver the best Quality practices on the Battlefield franchise
- Work within your immediate leadership group & the QVS Sr leadership team to ensure accuracy in financial, resource and execution plans.
- Set an inclusive culture. Be communicative and an agent for constructive change within QVS & your immediate team, whether through town halls, reviews, or workshops.
- Provide necessary oversight for and monitor execution of the Quality Verification strategy on each of your franchise teams
- Develop an understanding of development practices and frameworks in use. Know how to influence the adoption of improved development practices.. Focus on value and measurable impact
- Oversight of and accountability for all financial, resource & headcount planning within your franchise teams
- Deep engagement with essential partners in Development. Focus on mutual influence toward shared franchise goals
- Measure progress and suggest top-level actions to address progress shortfalls. Commit to predictable delivery and risk management
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- People connector who inspires others toward shared goals. Pioneers change
- Experienced with data-informed decision-making, using business expertise
- A continuous improvement mindset.
- Influence-oriented. Excel at collaborating with other leaders and guiding the collective group to the best action, decision, or result
- Proficient in project & change management
- Can track, model, and present information in engaging ways
- Ten years of work experience in a related field (software/game development or related business management expertise)