Sr. Director of Analytics
4 days ago
Job Title:Sr. Director of Analytics
Blizzard Entertainment is a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming but entertainment and the technology that drives our player experience.
We are on a quest to find an exceptional leader & strategic thinker who will drive analytics and data science innovation and strategy for our portfolio of games and platforms. We need an experienced leader to take drive the impactful, strategic and innovative use of data to improve player experiences and outcomes.
Our ideal candidate is confident in their ability to champion an analytics-driven initiative yet humble enough to learn from the many product managers, designers, engineers, and other partners that participate in making Blizzard games the experience that our players deserve.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We have transitioned to a work-from-home model and we are continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Develop and drive a strategic vision for applying progressive and innovative data capabilities across Blizzard’s portfolio of games and services
- Drive adoption and maximize impact of key capabilities like Experimentation and Personalized Experiences
- Lead defining a vision for how Data Science can improve our games and businesses. Partner with game team leadership to execute that vision
- Mentor analytics professionals across various levels of experience to grow their functional expertise
- Be a key partners for game team’s leadership in driving the data culture and execution at Blizzard
- Grow our analytics horsepower across new and/or strategic areas of the business: growth marketing, platform and regional
- Collaborate with other Blizzard game and discipline-based analytical teams to scale effectiveness over time
- Proven ability to deliver results and impact
- Successful record of building and mentoring high-performing analytical teams
- 10+ years’ experience with strategic problem solving and delivering results to stakeholders
- Experience with relational databases, big-data infrastructure (i.e. Google Cloud, Hadoop), and data analysis tools (i.e. SQL & Tableau)
- Exemplary professional communication skills
- Experience leveraging analytical best practices to address mobile game and/or free-to-play business models
- Deep understanding of the video games industry and Blizzard’s role in the gaming ecosystem
- Considerable experience with Blizzard games as a player
- Advanced degree in analytical field from a top-tier institution
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.