Sr. Director, Mobile Business Development
11 days ago
Job Title:Sr. Director, Mobile Business Development
Job Title: Senior Director – Mobile Business Development
Reporting To: Senior Vice President – Global Mobile Partnerships & Platform Partnerships
Location: Santa Monica, CA; Irvine, CA; or San Francisco, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Activision Blizzard is looking for an experienced, motivated, and highly organized individual to join the Mobile Partnerships Team. Business Development provides business services for a variety of groups across the Activision Blizzard organization, including game development, internal technologies, legal, finance, marketing and the events teams. This individual will be responsible for managing a portfolio of strategic business opportunities in partnership with internal clients and external vendors/partners.
- Establish and execute a global mobile business development strategy for mobile device makers (e.g., Samsung), carriers (e.g., Verizon) and mobile storefronts that maximize business and strategic value, as well as strengthen our engagement with consumers.
- Build a world-class model and approach that generates and manages partnerships across our 3 different operating segments and key franchises.
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify and assess new business opportunities that meet the strategic needs of each operating segment.
- Assess strategic fit and financial opportunity of potential partnerships, in partnership with commercial finance team.
- Partner with regional teams on the evaluation and execution of regionally specific partnerships that drive growth as well as ensure they align with global strategy.
- Responsible for all partner pitches, including creation of strategic framework for each partnership opportunity.
- Lead development of complex agreements, collaborating across the company to define terms that reflect the best fit with Activision Blizzard’s overall strategy.
- Research and identify new business opportunities while increasing market share with existing business partners.
- Provide support to business units during the contract lifecycle – solicit input for additional deal terms.
- Perform ongoing market analysis to support strategic planning efforts and key initiatives.
- Gather and synthesize relevant data, lead analysis, and develop recommendations on business development priorities.
- Creation of detailed status reports for peers and leadership.
- Reports to SVP Global Mobile Partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of 7-10 years of business development experience in the video game industry, entertainment industry and/or management consulting.
- Must have a deep understanding of licensing arrangements
- Highly developed contact database in the video game industry
- Strong networking skills
- The ability to work within a diverse, complex and fast paced environment while managing a large variety of projects across multiple teams
- Data-driven mindset that is able to understand our player base and market trends and translate them into business opportunities.
- Solid negotiating skills and ability to close deals
- Strong interpersonal skills along with effective verbal and written communication abilities
- Able to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills, and solid follow through
- A deep passion for gaming and entertainment
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.