Sr Director, Marketing & Communications Strategy
Redwood City California United States
14 days ago
SR DIRECTOR, MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGY
EA is looking for a Sr Director of Marketing & Communications Strategy to work across a portfolio of exciting games, ranging from Star Wars, Battlefield, Need for Speed and beyond. You will be naturally curious, an exceptional strategic thinker, a thoughtful mentor to a team of talented strategists, and a collaborative partner to key PARTNERS across Brand, Game Development, Activation and cross-functional teams.
EA’s Marcom Strategy is the team responsible for defining the strategies that underpin our marketing campaigns. This global group of strategists, creative directors and copy writers define the steel threads that guide the campaign from inception to execution; including the strategic narrative, brand identity, creative platform and creative direction for our hero assets. We are equally analytical and creative, and relentlessly chase the next insight that will help us innovate.
- Manages a global team of strategists
- Crafts the marketing campaign strategies for our games
- Interprets quant and qual insights from a variety of sources – Marcom Intelligence, Analytics, Consumer Insights – and implements those best practices and insights into our marketing strategies
- Proactively champions the strategies and work of the team to internal stakeholders up to C-suite
- Collaborates with our internal CDs, copy writers and external agencies to develop the creative platform for our games, along with the persona, tone and narrative
- Focuses not only on the ideation of the strategy, but also partners with the Activation and cross-functional teams to ensure quality and innovative execution of the strategy
- Key partner to our Brand and Studio/Game Development teams to ensure the marketing campaigns align to the brand guidelines and the product
- Responsible for establishing the KPIs to measure the performance of the campaign
- Experience: 12+ years in a strategy or planning role within a creative agency, gaming or entertainment industries
- A leader: experience leading a global team of direct and indirect reports and an inspiring leader across the organization
- A natural born storyteller: an innate understanding of narrative across everything from a presentation to a pithy end-line to a piece of content
- A proven creator: a rich CV of innovative activations and content across a variety of mediums
- Lives and breathes digital marketing: understands the role algorithms play, the nuances of consumer behavior in open/closed networks, and can visualize the consumer journey across channels
- Insights: innate ability to interpret and decipher quant and qual data and extract the insights that will unlock innovative marketing
- You’re a gamer. This is a must!