Sr. Director, HR Program Management Office (PMO)
20 days ago
Job Title:Sr. Director, HR Program Management Office (PMO)
Job Title: Sr. Director, HR Program Management Office (PMO)
Department: Human Resources
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Sr Director of the HR Program Management Office (PMO) is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing strategic program and project management excellence across HR globally. Ensuring the successful “end-to-end” delivery of projects and programs
The incumbent will be responsible for aligning the people, processes, measurements, standards, and efforts across the HR enterprise footprint. In addition, the incumbent is the primary and overarching interface between ABK executives and ABK Delivery Teams and ensures optimal alignment and coordination of all other interfaces or points of contact.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to , the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the successful end-to-end delivery of projects and programs for ABK HR
- Ensure necessary dedicated support to each of the delivery teams
- Assign Project Managers to major business initiatives, ABK executives and ongoing operations
- Raise the overall performance of ABK HR PMO
- Align operational teams and executive leadership effectively
- Work with senior-level executives and project managers across the enterprise to keep abreast of and monitor projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications, to identify opportunities to ensure successful and timely implementation/execution
- Ensure feedback is solicited, researched, prioritized, and actioned with clear and transparent communications
- Support the ongoing development and implementation of best practices within the PMO for the purpose of achieving business goals and to support the smooth running of projects undertaken by the team
- Develop and maintain effective escalation management processes
- Develop and implement processes to monitor, set appropriate milestones and track overall project performance
- Develop executive and client reporting, ensuring progress and performance is consistent with Client requirements and is representative of ABK HR achievements
- Develop effective resource capacity and utilization reporting
- Identify and present specific solutions to current project delivery challenges and the implementation plan to remedy existing challenges with detailed expected outcomes
- Develop and implement relevant PMO internal controls to ensure compliance with business, legal and compliance standards
- Develop transparent and collaborative processes to produce project schedules and optimization efforts
- Recruit qualified talent, mentor, coach, and train; ensure alignment of talent to project scope
- Responsible for change management planning and execution as required
- Maintain risk management controls, monitor and communicate project risks
- Establishes PMO best practices throughout the organization
- Collaborate with other departments as required to execute on timelines to meet the strategic goals
- Leadership – Proven success in leading high-performance teams, achieving results through others, and being a strong team player
- Innovative thinking – Ability to lead innovative and/or transformative projects and strives for continuous improvements
- Analytical thinking - Exceptional ability to analyze data and utilize it to make sound business decision
- Stakeholder oriented – Demonstrate strong focus on stakeholder satisfaction while maintaining high ethics and professional integrity in all interactions
- Conflict management and resolution skills - Build consensus, anticipate and solve problems
- Results focused – Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at times competing priorities
- Communication skills – Demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills necessary to lead and manage teams and projects effectively
- Relationship building skills – Ability to work within a dynamic team setting and provide leadership to build and develop strong teams
- Executive experience within operational and project management, preferably in entertainment and or software industry. 10 years of experience
- Solid understanding of business planning processes and key business metrics to be achieved
- Must possess strong leadership abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.