Sr. Director Experience Design
16 days ago
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world’s greatest games. As such, we’re constantly evolving and are now hiring for a unique opportunity at the intersection of sports, lifestyle, and culture. You will join a small and diverse leadership team with a bold vision! We’re looking for leaders who value collaboration and innovation to help bring this opportunity to life.
As the Sr. Director of Experience Design reporting to the group VP, your role is to build a user-centric experience that provides the user with seamless exploration and engagement with this product. You will also have the opportunity to build a strong design team to support the overall vision. Alongside the leadership team, you will help determine the design strategy and execution of this product.
- Guide and Oversee UX and UI guidelines, design principles, and best practices such as heuristic evaluations/usability standards, archetype development, experience journey maps, prototyping, and user testing
- Guide user research studies and the development of indicators to measure performance data and validate solutions
- Build relationships with partners, designers, product managers, and engineering to set design priorities and find balanced solutions for user, business, and technical goals
- Create information architecture, UX, and content strategy concepts and deliverables
- Drive UX efforts across the team and mentor junior UX, UI, and technical designers and partners on user centered design principles and methodologies
- Adapt and determine the best responsive UX approaches based on user feedback and the competitive landscape, helping to determine overall direction, identifying challenges and adapting as you go.
- 10+ years of experience in UX and product design
- 5+ years experience leading design teams
- A portfolio of shipped products from ideation to launch
- Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, HCI or demonstrated proficiency and experiences in the field of user experience
- Advanced level of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, interface designer, product designer or similar role
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, design thinking, and knowledge of UX principles and methodologies.
- Understanding of user research methodologies and user data analysis
- Expert knowledge of design and prototyping tools like Figma, Invision or others
- Experience leading a team to translate user data into design solutions and quickly refine them
- Enthusiasm for the design and user experience–you stay up to date with design trends
- Experience with creative branding a plus!
This job is open to remote-friendly candidates
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.