This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Digital Media Communications Specialist
Vancouver, British Columbia
3 months ago
DTS PMO Senior Communications Specialist – Vancouver
EA Studios Development Technology and Services (DTS) provides services that empower our development teams to build great games across EA. DTS PMO enables transformation efforts aligned with DTS strategy and focused on accelerating capability development and value realization. The PMO team supports a broad spectrum of initiatives across DTS and EA Studios, as well as learning & development efforts and strategic communications worldwide.
The Senior Communications Specialist will initiate, develop and produce professional communications using a variety of media, and assist with internal communications of all types and varied audiences. As a Senior Communications Specialist, you are a strategic thinker, skilled communicator with strong experience in expository or persuasive writing. You are a creative problem solver who is able to write for a small intimate audience or for thousands of people worldwide. You understand that employees consume information in various ways, and the right delivery mechanism depends on who the audience is and the message being shared. We’ll expect you’ll be eager to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get things done. Your experience, combined with your collaborative work style, will be essential. You are willing to do what it takes to help the company and the team, including taking the initiative to understand or learn more when required.
As a key member of the PMO Communications Team within DTS you will:
- Enhance strategic communication and learning plans through video content (e.g., demos, branding, interviews, educational, explainer, scribe/animated videos) you identify, develop, and implement.
- Research, understand and translate critical information into compelling and understandable written and/or visual communications. Understand the tone and pacing of internal communications: Inform, Engage, and Demonstrate. Stay up-to-date with digital media developments.
- Enhance the DTS Brand through visual identity, consistent internal presence, and communications practice
- Prioritize workload and multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while keeping a positive attitude.
- Provide graphic design support to projects for internal audiences (i.e., infographics, posters, brochures, etc.)
- Identify and monitor metrics and KPIs related to communications efforts supported by DTS PMO
Who You are:
- Strong domain knowledge in strategic communications and corporate internal communications
- Ability to creatively navigate ambiguity and support structure and coherence through communications
- Confident and succinct communicator that can interface with stakeholders from a diverse set of backgrounds
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet evolving deadlines due to business demand
- Proven track record in completing projects and producing high quality results
- Comfortable working as part of an international team that spans across multiple time zones
The following would be considered an asset for this role:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Slack or Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite programs, including Photoshop, Premiere, InDesign
- Preferred: 3 or more years of experience in video journalism and/or corporate global communications (including filming, directing and editing), photography and graphic design. On the job experience is strongly considered although a BA in marketing, communications or journalism is a plus.
Please be prepared to share (even if modified due to confidentiality)
- Samples of photos and video projects that you have conceptualized and/or created
- Articles or organizational communications you have written
- A one minute video showing the EA vision or strategy to continue to be a market leader, as interpreted by you from Electronic Arts publicly available information. There is no wrong answer, or sensitivity to what you portray in this video. The intent is to understand what you can deliver and in what manner, not to critique the accuracy.