Sr. Development Director
8 days ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Finding great talent and supporting our studios to be the best place for people to do their best work is central to our philosophy. This is the principle behind our newly formed Seattle Studio focusing on open-world action-adventure games and pioneering next generation emergent storytelling. Join us to pursue your passion to craft unique, groundbreaking and inclusive games that empower players to generate incredible stories of heroic adventure.
Become a foundational part of an ambitious, respectful and diverse team as we are looking for a Development Director responsible for driving game development strategy and delivering a successful experience in collaboration with the team.
Making games is unpredictable, and we're all in it together. Development Directors are our drivers, listening and working with all of our experts to find a way through for our teams. The Development director determines the “how” for the team and is responsible for ensuring the team is focused on the priorities identified by leadership.
Our Development Directors work daily leading a team, collaborating with multidisciplinary team-members to decide goals, align and agree on the priorities of the work. Then will follow up when the work is complete to ensure that expectations were met.
- Works with the Director of Product development to create the project roadmap for their assigned area of responsibility.
- Work with the disciplinary leadership to understand their goals and create a strategic plan to accomplish their needs along with the project goals.
- Leads cross disciplinary teams to define the resource needs and build significant aspects of the overall project goals.
- Inspire fresh thinking and new ideas to ensure the team has the structure and processes that empowers the team to innovate within our games and our development methodology.
- Communicate the development plan to internal and external stakeholders.
- You will also have a passion and empathy for solving people's problems and building happy, motivated teams.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 5+years working with game development teams in a DD or Production role.
- Experience managing diverse team across different time zones and locations
- The ability to talk across all levels of an organization
- Experience of agile project management processes
- Experience obtaining insights and developing strategies through analytical metrics-driven analysis and design experimentation.
- Experience using KPIs to set product success goals, monitoring of the product and informing necessary changes to the game.
- Team player that brings excitement and enthusiasm to work each day.
- Strong communication and writing skills, with experience preparing and presenting decks to various stakeholders.