This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Data DevOps Engineer
San Mateo, CA, United States
6 months ago
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work ®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
The Data Infrastructure team at Roblox is responsible for providing extremely reliable, efficient infrastructure for persistent and volatile data for all of Roblox. We work at tremendous scale and continually plan for more data.
As a Sr. Data DevOps Engineer for the Data Infrastructure team , you’ll play a critical role in helping us scale our software stack and hardware infrastructure at a time of incredible growth for our business. At Roblox, you’ll have boundless opportunities to shape the future of the Imagination Platform™ and demonstrate your passion for delivering awesome solutions in front of a global audience. If you know what it takes to build systems that can sustain over one million concurrent players year-round and you take play as seriously as we do, you’ll fit right into our highly-skilled and ever-expanding engineering team.
- Experienced: you have a BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or related engineering field with several years of experience.
- You’ll be guiding us to better tools and practices, and champion adopting better technologies.
- Passionate about automation: as we provide Data as a Service, you’ll be working to build, automate and secure application configuration, auto deployment and provisioning services (Chef, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.).
- A Linux guru: you have rock solid administration skills, expert level system-analysis, configuration, and troubleshooting experience.
- Up-to-speed on all things Cloud: you have working experience with public cloud (AWS preferred) and private cloud (OpenStack preferred) solutions.
- Adaptable: you are capable of adjusting to new challenges, and experimentation is in your blood.
- Bonus: Familiar with a full range of Hadoop related components such as Hive, Spark, Presto, Airflow, etc.
- Develop and support solutions to meet the requirements of large scale, real time and 5 9s uptime to ensure our community has an awesome experience on the Imagination Platform™ from anywhere in the world.
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from reoccurring via root cause analysis and automation.
- Create, influence and improve the development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure our goals of scalability and high availability.
- Develop and share best practices with development teams to improve scalability and reliability of the Imagination Platform™.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.