Senior Data Scientist
1 month ago
Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
We’re looking for skilled and passionate Data Scientists to work in our growing central Game Science team. They will be primarily focused on the console/PC versions of our flagship game NBA2k, and be responsible for crunching data, building models, and extracting insights. Insights are used by leadership to lead the business and improve the product. Our games are played by millions every day, and in-game monetization is part of the Analytics group, so our team has a very rich dataset to play with, and a direct path to implementing our outputs. The ideal candidate will have experience with sophisticated product analytics/data science for similar games with large in-game economies and rich and varied gameplay.
What You Will Do:
- Analyze player gameplay and economy telemetry data to understand player behavior and suggest actions to improve the player experience
- Build in-game measurement and experimentation methodologies
- Work closely with development teams to provide insights into game quality, difficulty, and fun. Cooperate closely with the Game Applied AI team to understand deeply the performance of production Matchmaking, Promotions and Communications, Antifraud/toxicity, and Content Recommendations models
What Skills Are Needed:
You must be able to see the underlying story in the data, build sophisticated or simple models depending on the situation, and develop compelling communication to executives. You are a creative, self-starter with a passion to get results for meaningful change is essential for this role.
- Proven track record in data mining & analytics, building models with large, complex, and multi-dimensional data sets
- Experience with predictive modeling techniques and accomplished in the use of R or Python machine learning and related modules
- Experience in relational databases, SQL data carpentry. We use Snowflake for our data warehouse and have access to direct streams as well.
- Video games industry experience
Experience with big data technologies such as Spark or NoSQL DBs a plus.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.