Sr. Data Analyst
14 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform, digital experiences. We create connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
THE CHALLENGE AHEAD :
Reporting to the Analytics Manager, you will analyze behavior, sentiment, and network performance data to improve the player experience and inform feature investment for our FIFA console and PC games. You are curious and creative with a passion for diving into our data. Your insights will enhance product quality to guide improved acquisition, retention, and monetization through partnerships with product producers. Our global, diverse team of analysts, engineers and data science experts will work with you daily in an environment which nurtures healthy team engagement.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Support game development and product quality strategies through data-informed insights and analysis.
- Evaluate network performance and uncover opportunities to improve gameplay responsiveness.
- Review player sentiment and survey data to convey the player experience to development teams.
- Partner to develop requirements for dashboards, data cubes, and reports.
- Examine data for correlations and extract patterns beyond what would be achievable with univariate analyses.
- Assess the impact of feature or network related adjustments to determine if expected improvements have been achieved and if player engagement has increased.
- Lead or represent analytics delivery during weekly meetings.
- Teach power users how to improve their use of dashboards.
- Build and run data mining models.
- Build interactive and real-time dashboards.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 3 years of hands on analyst experience, preferably in tech, gaming, consulting, or telecom.
- Expert SQL skills including experience querying large, complex data sets.
- Translate technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Intermediate experience with a data visualization software package, e.g. Tableau.
- Intermediate experience with a statistical software package, e.g. Python or R.
- Expert knowledge of Excel including tables, charts, and advanced formulas for data manipulation.
- Capability to prioritize and balance efforts against simultaneous projects.
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering Sciences, or similar.
Experience in the following would be highly beneficial, but not must haves:
- Network performance analysis of online services (e.g. games, on demand streaming)
- Survey or sentiment analysis
- Advanced analytics approaches like machine learning, optimization, and simulation
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada