Sr. Data Analyst - DTS Analytics
7 days ago
Business Title: Senior Data Analyst
As a Senior Data Analyst in the DTS Analytics team you will play a key role in supporting the business through data analysis and reporting with the goal of improving the efficiency and quality of business operations. You should be a sharp, curious, and analytical individual who has a passion for diving into data to solve business problems. Your insights will influence the way how we run the business, and ultimately influence the quality of our games.
- Performs data analysis on a business process to provide an objective view on how the business operates.
- Designs, evaluates, and monitors key metrics that provide continuous feedback on the efficacy of the business.
- Builds live data dashboards complete with user documentation.
- Evaluates and interprets data to extrapolate risks and opportunities, relaying them to the team and management in a timely manner.
- Prepares thorough and detailed reports and presentations that help the team identify key areas of opportunity and insight to drive future design and decision-making.
- Presents the findings from the data analysis to the stakeholders, and provides suggestions for improvement in certain aspects of the business.
- Outgoing champion for data quality; creating data quality policy and implementing monitoring to ensure compliance.
- Drives best practices in tools and visual technologies for building project dashboards that provide key data for project monitoring and decision making.
- Develops and maintains scripts and queries to import, clean, transform, and augment data.
- Designs and develops statistical analysis models for hypothesis testing, prediction, or inference.
- 5+ years of work experience in a past analytical role, leveraging data to drive process improvements.
- Understands well how data is stored in databases and can write fast and reusable SQL code to retrieve it.
- Queries large amounts of semi-structured big data using Hive QL in an efficient way.
- Creates performant and intuitive data models that can be further used for visualization by the team.
- Visualizes high readability data insights using software tools like Power BI, Tableau, or Excel.
- Writes efficient Python or R code to answer data analysis questions with a high degree of confidence.
- Proficently applies statistical analysis solutions using Python or R language.
- Understands the requirements of the of Agile/Waterfall process and adjusts their work as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics etc.) and/or successful completion of post-secondary level Math and Statistics courses.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment and can adapt to various situations prioritizing multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Exceptional problem solving, creative thinking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to initiate and maintain close collaborative partnerships with coworkers and stakeholders.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and look for new problems to solve and new concepts to implement.
- Able to work independently and drive for solutions with all stakeholders.
- Quick learner with an innate desire to continually learn, adapt, and develop abilities.
- Excellent foundation of math and statistical knowledge including an understanding of probability, correlation, regression, classification, and the development of statistical models.
- Skillful communicator who is not afraid to ask questions and brings new insights to light.
- Professionalism in working with clients and working in a larger team environment.
- Can establish sense of urgency and prioritize effectively to manage multiple tasks.