Sr Data Analyst - DRE
13 days ago
The Development and Release Engineering (DRE) team are EA's continuous integration and build experts. We're a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, product, and content teams.
Our work creates a LOT of data! As a Senior Data Analyst on the DRE team, you will help support the business through data analysis to improve the efficiency and quality of EA's game development workflows. Your insights will influence how DRE helps EA make amazing games. You'll report to a Sr. Engineering Manager and become part of the larger data analytics community at EA.
- Perform data analysis on business processes to provide an objective view on how the business operates.
- Work with data engineers to manipulate, analyze and tell a story with complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from multiple sources using different tools and data analysis techniques.
- Use and promote data exploration techniques to discover new or previously unasked questions.
- Evaluate, interpret and present data to find risks and opportunities to improve our service.
- Build scripts and queries to import, clean, transform, and enhance data.
- Create statistical analysis models for hypothesis testing, prediction, or inference.
- Create performant data models that can be further used for visualization by the team.
- Visualize high-readability data insights using tools like Power BI, Kibana, or Grafana.
- 5+ years of work experience in a past analytical role , using data to create process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics) or completion of post-secondary level Math and Statistics courses.
- Proficient in Python, Scala, SQL or R languages.
- Can move beyond data by translating customer needs, behavior and insights into user requirements.
- Creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Equally comfortable communicating with and presenting to senior management and technical people.