Sr. Counsel, Licensing
Santa Monica, California, United States
7 days ago
Job Title: Sr. Counsel, Legal
Reporting To: Sr. Director, Legal
Location: Santa Monica, California
Provide legal support for Activision Blizzard’s Santa Monica-based Consumer Products Group, including merchandising and co-promotions.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage legal affairs for and provide day-to-day legal support to all functions of the operations of the Consumer Products Group, including supervision of a Contract Specialist.
- Negotiate and draft merchandising license agreements, merchandising agency agreements and partner co-promotion agreements.
- Liaise with IP attorneys and paralegals with respect to intellectual property matters, including trademarks.
- Liaise with transactional attorneys and paralegals with respect to clearance of content for use in licensed articles and marketing materials.
- Identify, address and creatively resolve merchandising and co-promotion legal issues.
- Juris Doctorate.
- Admission to California State Bar or admission to another State Bar and willingness and qualifications to be “Registered In-House Counsel”
- 6-9 years experience as a practicing lawyer at a reputable firm and/or in-house department required, with some in-house experience preferred.
- Outstanding written and oral communications required.
- Experience and competency as the primary attorney on client matters, including strong drafting skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive intellectual property experience required.
- Merchandising and licensing experience required.
- Common sense, good judgment and desire to work hard in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Top law firm experience preferred.
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We’re proud to be recognized as one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®” for four consecutive years and have earned a spot on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists. Our 10,000+ global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners. #AB