Sr. Corporate Counsel
15 days ago
Opportunity to join the legal team of one of the most exciting companies in video game entertainment
Senior Corporate Counsel Position
Reporting to the General Counsel, this highly visible position in a collegial, collaborative legal team is an exciting opportunity to exercise and further develop strong legal skills and deep knowledge and expertise in a broad spectrum of the video game business including brand marketing, eSports, merchandise and digital content licensing. You will have a chance to work hand in hand with business units. The position is also a leadership role opportunity in privacy and advertising law compliance, including CCPA, CPRA, COPPA and GDPR. You will also handle contract negotiation, dispute resolution and information security matters and provide legal advice on a range of commercial activities. You will structure, draft, review, and negotiate commercial and licensing agreements in areas of sales, marketing, eSports, merchandise and content licensing, in addition to providing legal advice to functional teams on issues including copyright and trademark protection and enforcement. You will also monitor legal and regulatory developments affecting the video game industry.
What you need to have for this job:
- JD degree and California bar membership in good standing, or eligibility to become registered in-house counsel
- At least 5 – 8 years’ experience practicing law in-house or in a law firm
- Substantial privacy law compliance experience and knowledge of foundational privacy law principles, including practical experience in their application to marketing and commercial practice
- Significant experience in commercial contract drafting and negotiation
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to think analytically and critically
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to listen with empathy for different cultures and customs
The ideal candidate will also have:
- A robust understanding and appreciation for copyright, trademark and right of publicity matters
- Experience handling data mapping, drafting data rights provisions in commercial transactions, and advising marketing teams on data collection and user consent matters
- Experience supporting consumer product marketing and licensing
- Experience working directly with business partners, including senior and C-level management
- Experience as in-house counsel, particularly in entertainment
- The ability to creatively problem solve, including balancing legal risks with business objectives
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time in a collaborative environment
- Good people skills and enjoy working as part of a team
- Business acumen and strong decision-making skills
- Passion for video games
Working Environment: Hybrid In-Person/Remote
Work is generally performed in an office environment and the noise level is usually moderate.
Capcom supports a hybrid work model. Preference is given to candidates that can work in the San Francisco office as needed.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, knowledge, skills, abilities, or requirements, as any one position in this classification may be assigned some or all of these duties, in addition to other duties not explicitly listed here. The various duties, responsibilities, and/or assignments of this position may be unevenly balanced and changed from time to time based upon matters such as, but not limited to, variations in shift schedules, work demands, seasons, service levels and management’s decisions on how to best allocate department resources. Any shift, emphasis, or rebalancing of these assigned duties, responsibilities, and/or assignments does not constitute a change in the job classification.
$135,000 - $185,000 annual base salary depending on experienceCapcom is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment for game consoles, PCs, handheld and wireless devices. Founded in 1983, the company has created hundreds of games, including groundbreaking franchises Resident Evil™, Monster Hunter™, Street Fighter™, Mega Man™, Devil May Cry™ and Ace Attorney™. Capcom maintains operations in the U.S., U.K., Germany, France, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Tokyo, with corporate headquarters located in Osaka, Japan. More information about Capcom and its products can be found at www.capcom.com or https://news.capcomusa.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.