Sr. Core Engineer
1 month ago
Job Title:Sr. Core Engineer
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen , Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast , Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty ® franchise. We’re based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We have a unique vision for our industry. One that has and continues to inspire us. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our own mistakes. We treat each other with respect. After nearly 30 years, Raven Software is still thriving. We developed a team who cares about one another, our games and our players. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly intelligent, well-led and equipped to face this exciting future. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Raven Software is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.ravensoftware.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ravensoftware, and @RavenSoftware on Twitter.
As a Senior Core Engineer you will optimizing, enhancing, and developing new systems on top of the foundation of Call of Duty’s AAA engine technology. This is a great opportunity to be part of a passionate team that defines and shapes the technology of our upcoming Call of Duty titles.
You will be developing the engine systems for our shipping products as well as improving the workflows of our development team. You will need to be proficient in writing efficient and clean C/C++ code. Qualified candidates will need to have a background in engine development and core subsystems. This includes multi-threading, I/O, memory management, performance, architecture, and optimizations.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Design, modify, optimize, and debug core engine systems
- Deploy, evaluate performance, and test software on all supported platforms
- Communicate features and development with production, engineering, design, and art teams
- Participate in the performance and code review process
- Contribute to the design and roadmap of industry-leading AAA engine technology
- Collaboration and co-development with other engineering teams
- Report to the Lead Technology Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
- Experience developing and optimizing core engine systems
- Background with parallel programming and multi-threaded engine systems
- Understanding of computer architecture and memory systems
- Strong programming background in C/C++
- Development experience with a current generation platform (console, PC, and/or mobile)
- Solid debugging skills, including ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
- Shipped at least one game title
- 5+ years of experience working in the game industry or related field
- Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, readable, and reliable code
- Passion for games and technology
- Strong background in 3D math
- Demonstrated work with modern consoles and toolchains
- Experience with file streaming technologies
- Understanding of networked gameplay
- Background with programming language compilers, graphics, animation, and/or physics
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.