This job might no longer be available.
Associate Artist - Concept
3 months ago
GSN Games is seeking a Sr. Concept Artist with excellent digital/vector illustration and visual design skills to join our team in Bangalore!
B4 you apply! About the GSN Games Bingo Studio:
The world’s #1 bingo app is always growing (how else would we stay on top?!). Join us in creating fresh content for our players.
What You'll Do:
You’ll work with a passionate group of world-class designers and game artists on content for a wide variety of web and mobile games, as well as partner with various departments throughout the production pipeline to create fun and exciting art for our featured products and marketing content. As the right fit, you’ll thrive in a creative environment that’s low on hierarchy and high on team- based collaboration, feedback, innovation and the creation of fun and joyous experiences for millions of players. Projects you will work on may touch various platforms such as Facebook, mobile phones & tablets, and the web.
Responsibilities will include partnering with art directors and managing artists from our U.S. and Bangalore offices to assess what creative needs exist to support upcoming projects. Then create those assets (such as characters, background art, UI, text and graphic art, etc) at the highest standard of quality.
- You know the ropes when it comes to exceptional digital illustration and concept art. Your artwork is fun and communicates a refreshing breadth of style and tone. You know how to "show" rather than merely "tell" when creating imagery that may have a theme (i.e. "Happy Holidays!").
- You have keen imagination and visualisation skills which you apply that in quick illustrations to express your ideas and evolve it through strong creative thought process.
- You are a pro at using the latest industry-leading creative software: Photoshop & Flash. Big plus if you are knowledgeable at using Illustrator!
- You are the best when it comes to Flash animations.
- You enjoy creating fun and playful assets, as well as seeking feedback from your teammates to find ways to create even more compelling visuals. With an organization that is very product-centric, the voice of all contributing artists will have high influence.
- You are empowered to leverage analytics, user testing and customer feedback provided to you by your managers and then apply them intelligently into your design work.
- You work is best in a participatory, collaborative, iterative, team-based work environment.
- You inspire your peers through collaboration as well as giving feedback, sharing vision and planning of creative deliverables.
- You are highly organized, agile and open to course-correction. You communicate well and proactively with teammates based in the United States.
- 7+ years of Experience
- Strong digital illustration (vector and bitmapped) skills for games that may include: Characters, backgrounds, props, decorative/rendered text and UI.
- Strong drawing basics including anatomy,perspective,compositions,sketching skills.
- Strong knowledge of color palette and latest trends of art and design.
- Strong knowledge of game production tools: Photoshop & Flash.
- Strong knowledge of flash animations which includes character animations,object animations and animated VFX.
- A passion for playing world class mobile, social and casual games a huge plus.
- Experience in making world-class social/casual/casino games a huge plus.