Sr. Computer Vision Engineer/Scientist
10 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
Locations: Aliso Viejo, CA - London - Berlin - San Mateo, CA
Sr. Computer Vision Engineer/Scientist
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Senior Computer Vision Engineer/Scientist interested in pushing the limits of science and technology within our game streaming division. This position will work within our Data Science team and will collaborate to develop AI solutions for our streaming technology. As a member of our team, you will work on computer vision and image processing projects that will go into making video smoother, crisper and with low latency. The position is a fusion of both production and R&D projects that ensures the work is both challenging and fast paced.
Our ideal candidate is an accomplished engineer that is passionate about inventing novel ways to improve video quality.
What do you know?
- Strong knowledge in low-level graphics programming (i.e. OpenCL, CUDA, GLSL, HLSL, Vulkan)
- Experience developing solutions for embedded systems and SoCs, big plus on low latency edge AI on a constrained environment
- Strong understanding of internals of video codecs like h.264, HVEC, etc
- Strong proficiency in one or more object oriented languages such as Python and C/C++
- Strong understanding of video quality metrics
- Knowledge of deep learning with special emphasis on CNNs
- Experience using machine learning frameworks including TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn.
- Good knowledge of general supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms
- Proven industry experience on digital image processing
Who are you?
- You are innovative and fearless when tackling difficult problems
- Talented, curious, passionate and inventive in representative parts
- You have strong and well formed ideas that are weakly held; you can discuss, listen and participate in a passionate debate that may make you reconsider.
- Given context, you're capable of self-direction.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and shifting contexts.
- You enjoy exploring new technologies and taking them for a spin.
- Advanced degree in computer science or a related field, with focus on computer vision, robotics or deep learning.
- 5+ years of industry or research experience in (one or multiple areas) Image/Video Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Learning/Deep Learning, Pattern Recognition, Multimedia and Data Science
What will you do?
- Develop state of the art AI image improvement techniques
- Analyze system performance, improve efficiency, stability and scalability
- Collaborate within the team across product, design, product, infrastructure, strategy and engineering
- Build proof of concepts to test theories and use the findings to develop a video improvement technique
- Keep up with relevant research to apply and apply it to our streaming product
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.