Sr. Community Manager - Pogo (Remote Work)
27 days ago
Role: Senior Community Manager
Location: North America - Remote
EA is looking for an experienced Community and Social Media Manager to act as the brand ambassador for Pogo (an EA studio) across a variety of communities and social media platforms. Under the direction of the Platform Lead, you will develop the community and social media strategy for Pogo.
Pogo has been the leader for online casual games since 1998. We are the ultimate online community to play free casual games, including classic card and board games, modern puzzle and match games, plus great original content. Our unique subscription service provides countless hours of fun to millions of Pogo fans, and we are determined to grow that fanbase even bigger.
About the role
You will be embedded with the product team but will represent the perspective of marketing, and point of view of the user to build a meaningful community of advocates and product users. They will be essential to driving the strategic execution of multiple community engagement programs for games and experiences on the Pogo platform. You will be an advocate for the player internally; help establish, model, and reward behavior following the Pogo community standards; and empower advocates and community leaders. You will have a meaningful impact on the games and features we launch because of tight integration with the studio development team. We ask that you have experience in community management, social media content planning, and storytelling. Our ideal candidate is analytical, creative, and most importantly loves working with and evangelizing with players.
- Develop Community Engagement Programs. Identify new community growth and engagement opportunities.
- Develop the community management strategy in collaboration with the leads of Platform, live services, and Games.
- Create content – including editorial posts, polls, contests – to engage the community, create fans, and spread positive sentiments.
- Monitor, report, and own important community engagement performance metrics (e.g., reach, engagement, positive sentiments).
- Craft a social media strategy and grow Pogo’s presence and communities on social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Monitor, analyze, and report out content performance, effectiveness, and social sentiment, using data tools and insights to inform decisions.
- Pro-actively recommend enhancements to the strategic plans, escalate potential issues, deliver strategic feedback, and offer solutions to assist with problems.
- Maintain an ongoing content calendar for owned social channels providing visibility and transparency to Pogo team members.
- Develop creative briefs for social content and help coordinate their way through the asset production and approval processes.
- Develop and Scale Volunteers/Moderators into Ambassadors and Influencers Programs. Identify community leaders and empower them to contribute to the greater community more actively.
- Be the Voice of Pogo to the Players and champion the voice of the community to the Pogo Team and the Company.
- Be a liaison to the Customer Support Team and address the community’s needs.
- Produce Best Practice Docs and Processes that can be distributed across the whole Community Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or a related field.
- 5+ years of social media or community management experience for a digital publisher, developer, or entertainment brand.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of all established and emerging social channels, and audience growth tactics with proven ongoing engagement.
- Experienced with social listening tools to monitor and analyze content performance and social sentiment, using data to inform decisions and optimize performance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with a portfolio of published professional work; ideally in multiple mediums including long-form and social media.
- Strategic thinker, able to present creative ideas on how to take our community efforts forward.
- Experience coordinating the creation and distribution of assets. Knowledge of creative dimension sizes and the different nuances of how they display on each platform.
- You will join a team of committed gamers and an engaged community, so an appetite for reading about, talking about, and playing games is appreciated.