Sr. Cloud Security Engineer
11 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Senior Cloud Security Engineer to join our IT/Ops team in Portugal!
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
We keep everything behind the scenes running smoothly and make sure all teams are equipped and connected - whether across the office or halfway around the world. AV struggles? Don’t worry, we’ve got this.
What You Will Do
In this position, you will work closely with the security and game teams to cultivate and execute Scopely’s security roadmap. We are looking for a driven, autonomous engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment with minimal guardrails and structure. The responsibilities blend Security Engineering, SRE, and a sprinkle of Project Management. In this role, you will have a direct tangible impact across the entire organization and be instrumental in building a progressive world-class security program.
There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. The below requirements are one of many possible candidate personas. Don’t let impostorism hold you back. Please apply if you think your experience and background are a good fit.
- Asses, build, and deploy tools to secure Scopely’s Cloud environments
- Grow a culture of information security throughout Scopely. You will interact frequently with game teams to help implement security controls and continually integrate security best practices into workflows related to cloud infrastructure
- Perform threat simulations and penetration tests to identify and detect possible risks.
- Act as Scopely’s Cloud security SME. Provide security recommendations on service design and cloud security architecture
- Respond to detected incidents in the cloud environment and ensure that all cloud security pipelines and infrastructure are operational
- Help create security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines for engineers to consume
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum of 5 years of related specialized experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Implementing and operating security-related tooling such as SIEM, OSquery, certificate management, and SOAR
- Ability to use automation tooling and frameworks such as Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy, Chef, and Terraform
- Familiarity with cloud-native security platforms and tools like Lacework, AWS CloudTrail, AWS Config, AWS Inspector, Okta, etc.)
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Engineering background at a SaaS company. You may not be coding from scratch, but you must be comfortable reviewing and discussing code with other engineers
- Familiarity with cloud security, particularly AWS, GCP, and Azure security concepts
- Experiences with security functions such as understanding cloud architecture, performing design reviews, threat modeling, code and configuration reviews, and incident response
- Strong knowledge of common cyber attacks and mitigation methods
- You are able to read and occasionally write in Python, Go, or another language
- You have experience in operations such as running and maintaining software and services, operating a significant cloud deployment, or creating and triaging alerts around the health and security of your systems
- Experience maintaining and creating infrastructure as code
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.