Sr. Central Insights Analyst
San Mateo, CA, United States
5 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Central Insights Analyst
San Mateo, CA
The Global Store and Services team are part of a vibrant organization that manage both the transactional store and subscription businesses for PlayStation. GSS brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution. As part of this, we are creating the Insights and Modeling team that supports the commercial operations for GSS based on data-driven insights and storytelling. They will empower the business with robust data analytics to effectively meet and exceed their commercial objectives.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Central Insights, the Senior Central Insights Analyst will play a critical role in evaluating the impact of various activities and other business initiatives through analysis and interpretation of various data, and delivering insights and recommendations to expand business opportunities. This role will also contribute technically to the team with extracting and manipulating data to generate insights and in using data visualization to communicate analyses to stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator and storyteller, is data-driven with a strong analytical mind, extremely detail oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand their evolving business needs and provide actionable insights that are firmly grounded in data.
- Extract, analyze and interpret consumer and transactional data for PlayStation Store and Services.
- Identify business opportunities through analysis of large, complex data sets.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and presentation/visualization of data to see beyond the numbers; transform raw data into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Present an analytic project in a cohesive, logical, and fluent way from the original business question to data-driven strategy recommendation.
- Collaborate with other analytics teams in the wider organization to drive business.
- Support GSS analysts by demonstrating best practice, developing processes and data assets.
- At least 8+ years of relevant analytics experience
- Bachelor's Degree from a top tier university
- Data-driven and highly skilled at extracting/manipulating data and identifying/resolving data discrepancies
- Ability to distinguish trends and patterns using large and complex data sets
- Ability to tell a coherent and compelling story by synthesizing data
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with a keen eye for detail
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Strong SQL skills with the ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience with consumer behavior analysis preferred
- Experience with Tableau, Python, or R preferred
- As the role is Global, international travel may be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.