Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Workday)
14 days ago
About the job
We’re looking for a functional business systems analyst to help simplify, scale and deliver value from our HRIS system - Workday. Working as a member of the People Systems team, you’ll partner closely with our People Operations, Talent, Finance and other key stakeholders to analyze tech and process gaps, design solutions, implement technology, and support launches. As a Sr. Business Systems Analyst, you will be the domain professional for all People business processes, including advising key stakeholders on use of the Workday HCM system, Greenhouse, and other ecosystem tools in support of overall business operations. You will work on process design and flows, improve processes and demonstrate the return on technological capabilities. This will be a hybrid position based in our San Francisco HQ. If you are truly passionate about business systems and love to make a difference, this role has been made for you!
What You’ll Do
- Serve as domain expert with hands-on configuration in at least 2 or more Workday domains: Core HCM, Absence, Time Tracking, Compensation, Security, Analytics and Reporting.
- Partner with the People Operations team and other key stakeholders to drive requirements gathering, process review, solution design, project management, testing, training, and documentation.
- Provide production support on issues triage, identification and resolution, bulk data uploads (EIBs), maintain security role assignment, and new report requests.
- Evaluate existing technology and new requests, evaluate them against our shared roadmap and make recommendations about scope, timing and solution scalability.
- Support upgrades, enhancements, testing, validation and overall system performance; lead Workday product update process, including regression testing and contingency planning for larger project efforts.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of strong process analysis experience in business system processes, including 3+ years practical experience on the Workday HCM platform with at least one full deployment project.
- Demonstrable experience in analyzing business needs and anticipating ways in which HR technology or processes can offer improvements or transformation opportunities.
- Strong understanding of the relationship between processes, operations, systems and solutions.
- A superb communicator, who can effectively translate business needs into technical and process solutions.
- Experience assessing new features, making recommendations, and driving new feature adoption.
- Team member who wants to teach and mentor other members on the team - you share knowledge freely and help to build up the team.
- Someone who is passionate about scaling operations, processes and tools in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth, dynamic business environment; tech industry experience highly desired.
*Familiarity with Greenhouse ATS, and Zendesk is a plus.
*Workday certification(s) is a plus.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16 paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
In a world of polarization, social curation, and loneliness, Discord is working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. We believe in the value of genuine human connection, which can so easily be lost online. So we’re building a space where everyone can find belonging from the inside out. If this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.