Sr Business Analyst
Bucharest Bucharest Romania
6 days ago
Sr Business Analyst
EA Romania is home to employees who demonstrate an exceptional talent for bringing world-class games to the global marketplace. We consist of Engineers, Designers, Producers, and Analysts who work on the FIFA, Need for Speed franchises or Frostbite engine. Our Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering teams are proud to support our development teams through the delivery of world class testing services, which ensure we deliver stable, high-quality entertainment, as well as outstanding player experiences.
The Challenge Ahead:
We are seeking a technically savvy, results-oriented, and quality-focused individual with strong, hands-on experience performing all aspects of business and enterprise level analysis who will manage process transformation for our Quality Verification function for EA Sports franchises.
What a Sr Business Analyst does at EA:
- Engage in all aspects of process improvement, system, or function delivery to the business
- Collaborate with EA internal and external stakeholders including development teams, technology teams, business teams, marketing teams, QA teams, Legal, first parties, vendors, etc.
- Organize and lead requirements gathering sessions to capture business processes, user workflows, user stories, data models and current state scenarios from a variety of internal partners
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into well-written, clear documentation and cohesive presentations
- Manage expectations and risks throughout a project life cycle
- Monitor and maintain projects after initial release; prioritize defects, measure and support client service impact, measure and track performance metrics and help define enhancement opportunities
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reporting as requested by stakeholders and agreed with Business Operations Leaders
- Prioritize workload and multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced, constantly evolving environment while keeping a positive attitude
Required Work Experience and Skills:
- Result-oriented individual with 4-6 years of practical experience performing all aspects of business and enterprise level analysis
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and establish structure and coherence to business problems
- Understanding of Agile software development methodology and data processing principles
- You are skilled in communicating complex ideas and solutions and you are open to ideas from others
- Demonstrable ability to translate business needs into solution requirements and define those in a written format that allows quality verification teams to align behind the product vision
- Comfortable working in an international context, within virtual teams and can interact easily with international stakeholders
- Networking and relationship building is your natural way of working
- Have initiative in addressing different data related situations and inspire your colleagues on taking action together in solving them
- Have a proven track record of completing projects and producing results
- Comfortable working as part of an international team that spans across multiple time zones
Nice to have:
- or B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, and/or Engineering Sciences
- 2-4 years of relevant hands on experience, preferably in gaming, entertainment, consulting or retail
- Advanced SQL skills: including extensive experience querying large, complex data sets and strong statistical knowledge
- Good knowledge of Excel including macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, charts and graphs
- Experience in data mining, statistical modeling, and data visualization
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects and processes
- Team player and self-starter with the ability to liaise with multiple teams and stakeholders
What we may offer? Funny that you asked….
- A team of experts that are willing to share good practices tips & tricks.
- Cool location in a non-crowded aria of Bucharest, very close to the subway (AFI Park).
- Flexible hours (we get it…it’s not always easy to get up before the rooster)
- Fresh fruits & a very good coffee (for some extra energy)
- Development programs (do you want to grow? We stand by you)
- Additional free days for Christmas period (Except the bank holidays - some extra vacation time for sure won't hurt)
At EA Romania, fresh ideas and new ways of thinking are always welcome. If you are passionate about games and the games industry, we’d like to talk with you! We are One Team, a diverse, creative and collaborative community of artists and innovators united by our shared vision of excellence. We celebrate success and individuality on global and local scales, and believe that the employee experience should be just as amazing as the player experience