Sr. Business Analyst
11 days ago
Do you enjoy making order out of chaos? Are you looking for a role in a high growth business? Prime Gaming provides free games, in-game content and Twitch benefits to Amazon Prime members. The team launched in 2016 and is preparing for further growth. Games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into these communities and help Prime Gaming deliver the best content that is all about the gamers.
Prime Gaming is seeking a Sr. Business Analyst within the Business Strategy & Analytics team to be a key partner with the Business Development group. You will be part the team that is focused on acquiring new members and partnering with world class developers from around the gaming ecosystem. The position is based in Seattle and will interact with business leaders and partners. You will be comfortable delivering/presenting these recommended solutions by retrieving and integrating artifacts in a format that is immediately useful to improve the business decision-making process. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen, and great communication skills. You will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. A proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment is strongly preferred. Our vision is to provide the highest quality support for our internal customers, which in turns helps us make better decisions for all our customers. Primary responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Partner in leading the strategy and execution of the content pipeline and KPIs, root cause analysis, and continuous improvement of workflows used to support the Business Development team.
• Analyze business trends and make business recommendations to senior management based on these analyses in a rapid growth and increasingly complex environment.
• Enhance methodologies to gauge content demand and to gauge efficiencies in content production pipeline.
• Develop routine and ad-hoc analytic reports to senior management regarding business development initiatives, customer segment performance, performance against goals, etc. Ensure reports contribute to business insight and decision-making.
• Develop relationships and own processes with business development, program managers, finance, data engineering teams, and other stakeholders to execute operational priorities.
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· 10+ years of relevant experience in business analytics, strategy or analytical roles.
· Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business.
· MS Excel and independently working with large datasets via SQL is a basic requirement
· Create self-service dashboards preferably in Tableau.
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics, mathematics, or related fields.
· Previous experience working in the areas of inferential statistics and predictive modeling.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
· Proven ability to understand and communicate issues at multiple levels, from validating and correcting junior staff detailed work to explaining the implications of analysis results to executives
· Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field.
· Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner.
· Strong background in gaming and solid understanding in-game economics.
· Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, fast paced environment.
· Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication.
· Must display fine attention to detail - successfully completes tasks requiring deep attention to a high volume of detailed information with the ability to build quality process into job functions.