Sr. Brand Manager, GUNDAM
18 days ago
The GUNDAM brand is one of BANDAI NAMCO’s most cherished and recognized IPs and we are seeking a versatile product and brand marketing leader to champion the vision of how the IP will grow, consolidate alignment and support, and execute the plan successfully, making any necessary adjustments.
The Sr. Brand Manager, GUNDAM will be responsible for increasing the awareness and relevance of GUNDAM in the Americas through gaming-related activities. They will lead GUNDAM fans to play more GUNDAM games, make becoming a GUNDAM fan more compelling and easier, and reach new audiences at scale.
This role is also critical in supporting GUNDAM vertical businesses in the Americas, working at the game and IP level on collaborations, partnerships, and licensing deals, setting the product and brand strategy, consumer messaging, corporate communication, and marketing execution, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in creating both long-range and go-to-market plans, as well as collaborating with business development, digital marketing, retail & ecommerce, events, communications, community development and creative services teams.
Join us at our new campus in Irvine, California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the future growth of GUNDAM by aligning with our international entities, incorporating feedback, locking down the strategy for the brand in the Americas, and executing it, managing clear goals and budget expectations
- Create meaningful brand moments and integrate promotion and publishing of GUNDAM games in PC and console with brand plans, collaborating with overseas counterparts and game publishing teams at Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- Identify and leverage opportunities to partner and collaborate with other brands and games within and outside our portfolio
- Develop, approve, and maintain consistent brand identity, including positioning, audience definition, B2C and B2B communication pillars and style guides for usage in brand activations, licensing, partnerships, and games
- Manage internal resources and external agencies/vendors to successfully navigate all phases of product marketing including, but not limited to all planning & project timelines related to creative development (including packaging/POP/POS), advertising, public relations, social media, special events, trade and consumer promotions
- Work effectively with internal and external, cross-functional teams including Community, Public Relations, Channel Marketing, Digital, Operations, Web & CRM, Product Development, Live Entertainment, and Sales to ensure seamless integration and execution of our global marketing campaigns
- Manage and connect with the global GUNDAM Stakeholders at HQ and facilitate communications with the other territory leads
- Event presence and some domestic and international travel is required for this position.
This position will manage 1-2 reports
- 5+ years of experience in product or brand marketing in video game, entertainment, or related fields. Demonstrated brand development experience strongly desired
- Written and spoken Japanese fluency strongly desired
- Proven track record of successful marketing management in a leadership role and managing P&L statements for products. 2+ years of people management experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge and interest in video gaming and interactive entertainment industry and/or Japanese animation. Insight into the GUNDAM brand and history strongly desired
- Experience successfully managing complex approval processes with multiple licensors and experience working with licensors in complex multi-national approval processes is a pre-requisite
- Ability to leverage quantitative and qualitative insights with research, partners & licensees to identify market opportunities to shape consumer personas/target audiences, create business plans, brand positioning, and campaign activations
- Experience with digital marketing across web, console, and social including working with online digital marketplaces, developing digital content strategies, and executing launches of supportive and standalone digital releases
- Experience in working successfully with social media channels and editorial personnel in conjunction with executing PR and community plans in addition to demonstrated record of building and managing community teams is a plus
- Experience in Mobile games, live-ops games, film, toys and collectibles is a plus
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in Business, Marketing, or equivalent work experience in the video game and/or entertainment industry
- MBA a plus
$137,587.83 - $185,662.44
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. is providing the following notice regarding the Personal Information we collect and use in the context of this job application: https://www.bandainamcoent.com/legal/bnea-privacy-ccpanotice
About Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc.
Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc., part of the Bandai Namco Group, is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive entertainment for major video game consoles, PC, online, and mobile platforms. The company is known for creating many of the industry’s beloved classic franchises such as PAC-MAN®, GALAGA®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, and ACE COMBAT®, and publishing the critically acclaimed DARK SOULS™ series and the blockbuster title ELDEN RING™. Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. is also the premier publisher in the Western hemisphere for anime-based video games including GUNDAM™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, DRAGON BALL™, and ONE PIECE®. Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. is headquartered in Irvine, California. More information about the company and its products can be found at http://www.bandainamcoent.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.