Sr. Backend Engineer
12 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
In this role at Epic, you'll be at the center of services that power our customer Ecommerce related experiences for all products around the globe. You'll work closely with our teams to build and support systems that deliver good user experience, high performance, secure and reliable functionalities. From design, implementation, and deployment you'll be able to shape the services and features that drive the future of our products. We're looking for a skilled, dependable, innovator who plays well with others and enjoys finding creative solutions.
- Design, implement, and iterate on scalable, secure, highly-available, backend services
- Maintain code quality internally and from outsourced partners
- Communicate technical risks within and across the group
- Handle various real-time issues on online services and platform
- Collect and analyze metrics from online services
- Provide input into the product road map, including milestone schedules and deliverables
- Follow industry trends and maintain a strong interest in cutting edge technology
- Passionate about building and maintaining consumer-facing online applications that are secure, scalable, and highly available
- 5+ years of experience in building online service or web systems
- Deep knowledge of the object-oriented language (preferably Java), design and design patterns
- Deep knowledge of restful API design and implementation
- Deep knowledge of database systems both relational and NoSQL database
- Experience of utilizing cache, messaging, async processing, etc. in online services
- Experience with deploying and running services on a large scale and mission-critical environment
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services
- Experience with Unix flavored O/S
- Experience in a continuous integration / continuous delivery environment
- Experience in building ECommerce / Publishing system is a plus
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.