Sr. Backend Engineer
8 days ago
Epic Games is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team.
We are passionate about empowering developers to make great games, and helping players to safely and easily enjoy them.
Epic Games is growing and is looking for Senior Backend Engineers to join our mission in delivering free, cross-platform game services for all developers. This role will help guide the future of the online platform that powers our games, such as Fortnite, Rocket League and Fall Guys, the Unreal Engine, the Epic Games Store and the Epic Online Services. Epic believes in an open, integrated gaming community and this opportunity is to help us build just that on a global scale.
As a member of our team, you will craft highly available, high throughput, low latency services at scale, synchronous and asynchronous services, persistent connection services, and a variety of other systems. These will all help to power our internal products and enable external development teams all over the world. The Online services team is a collaborative environment and a successful candidate will help to foster an open, supportive culture in which everyone can be successful and their authentic self. Learn more at https://dev.epicgames.com/
- Get things done: Epic empowers engineers to assess a challenge, craft a solution, and implement it
- Write distributed systems to handle large scale challenges (we use Java, Scala)
- Work with public cloud infrastructure to facilitate a fast moving ecosystem (we use AWS)
- Own the entire lifecycle of services, including live operations and deployment
- Craft solutions using modern SQL and nonrelational databases (we use Mongodb, Dynamo and Redis)
- Work together with both upstream and downstream service owners, producers and other cloud, infrastructure and embedded DevOps engineers to ship solutions
- Own the outcome - Be accountable for the solutions you build and flexible around the ambiguity of the problem space
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, with experience in developing online systems
- Proven track record of operating live services
- Experience working with a team of engineers to solve large and ambiguous problems
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to provide, solicit and accept feedback constructively
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
Each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.