Sr. BI Product Analyst (In-game)
12 days ago
Job Title:Sr. BI Product Analyst (In-game)
Job Title: Sr. BI Product Analyst: In-game
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Business Analytics
Department: Business Analytics & Planning
Location: Santa Monica, CA
At Activision and the Global Analytics team, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build a diverse community. We explore new ideas, solve problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
As a Sr. Business Intelligence Product Analyst within Business Analytics and Planning, you will be part of a community of technical data analysts who work on impactful projects ranging from developing and maintaining critical data business logic and instrumentation, select data pipelines, and running data updates that help run the business, and build analytic products.
- Develop, deploy and maintain the “single source of truth” centralized data, metric logic, reports, dashboard cubes, and tools to analyze, report, and present in-game business insights
- Maintain the “single source of truth” through validating data, fixing data logic or load issues, refreshing-monitoring-updating-backfilling tables, QA, and making ETL changes
- Conduct requirements gathering for new metrics, new data ingestion or data migrations and project scoping with business insight analysts, other subject matter experts, and business users to discover and define business needs.
- Use effective analytical and data development skills to simplify complex business flows and enable faster decision making and execution.
- Responsible for shared analyst infrastructure (e.g., code base, business intelligence stack), and continually innovate on infrastructure for the analyst community to utilize. As new products are launched, communicate to all relevant stakeholders; solicit, record, prioritize, and incorporate relevant feedback on metrics platform.
- Advocate technical best practices on pipelines, code review practices, QA, and data concepts; leads technical training for business analysts.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, MIS, IS, Data Science) or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in data engineering or business intelligence role.
- Experience with cloud data structures, designing schemas, creating and updating SQL queries & platforms.
- Experience with data engineering / workflow management platforms (Airflow, Astronomer, Luigi, Penthaho, SSIS, etc.)
- Experience with one or more other programming languages (Java, Python, Scala etc.).
- Experience writing and maintaining extract, transform, and load scripts (ETLs) which operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources.
- Experience with front-end reporting with Business Intelligence suites (such as Data Studio, Tableau, Sisense, Looker, Qlikview, etc.) and passionate about data insights, visualizations and storytelling through data.
- Experience validating, cleaning, loading and QAing data
- Experience with describing and presenting complex technical solutions to non-technical partners
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and work effectively in a fast-paced environment to self-solve issues.
- Experience with video game data and data infrastructure
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe. Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.