Sr Audio Programmer
8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
This role can be fully remote or onsite in Playa Vista, CA (when the studio re-opens) with relocation support, if needed.
Santa Monica Studio is seeking an experienced gameplay programmer who enjoys tackling complex problems. You are familiar with the game audio domain, or excited to learn it. And you collaborate well with sound designers to make their work sing!
- Implement runtime audio systems and features as well as related workflows.
- Collaborate with sound designers in their use of these features and workflows.
- Iterate on and polish work produced to deliver highest possible quality.
- Write clear, maintainable, reliable, and efficient code.
- Profile and optimize code to remove bottlenecks.
- Test and document code.
- Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years professional programming experience.
- Understand audio-specific terminology and technology, or willing to learn.
- Expertise in C++.
- Strong generalist with solid code architecture skills.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Enthusiasm and initiative.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Able and motivated to work with other team members.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and testing procedures.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.