This job might no longer be available.
Sr Associate Product Manager - Sledgehammer Games
12 days ago
Job Title:Sr Associate Product Manager - Sledgehammer Games
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia – we’re the videogame development team behind Call of Duty ® : Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty ® : Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty ® : WWII . Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we’re focused on constantly evolving, innovating, and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering, and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
The Sr Associate Product Manager is focused on post-launch campaign management and live services and will help deliver engaging player experiences all year long. The successful candidate will be able to work well cross functionally with product, studio, analytics, production, and marketing teams to drive world class campaign execution both in and out of game. They will play an integral role in driving the day-to-day performance of the title. They need to be a self-starter, comfortable working in a dynamic environment while taking on multiple projects and adapting to the changing needs of our games, players, and business opportunities as they arise.
- Manage Day-To-Day Live Services – develop compelling in-game engagement programs, events and promotions based on a deep understanding of game metrics & performance to deliver KPIs.
- Strategic Planning – work with analytics team to track KPIs and define/conduct hypothesis-driven analyses that inform our product roadmap and promotional activities; manage A/B testing in partnership with studio and analytics; support senior management with analyses that guides regular strategic planning efforts and decision making
- Day-to-Day Studio Partner – build strong partnerships with the development studios as the go-to publishing org. contact for daily product and business needs. The right candidate will have the potential to work closely on all live service deliverables across multiple studios.
- Market Intelligence & Post Mortems – lead industry intelligence efforts and ensure best practices in driving engagement.
- Performance Management – support senior management by tracking and reporting key performance indicators that drive life cycle performance.
- World Class Campaign Management – support global marketing plans for all post-launch content, partnering on go-to market plans and working effectively with cross functional teams to execute plans and deliver on key business objectives.
- Player Advocate – embody the “player” view internally, driving a fan first viewpoint in post-launch product and engagement planning.
- 4+ years of game production or game live-ops experience, preferably from top companies in gaming (console, PC, or mobile); entertainment; technology; or consumer products.
- 2+ years of games industry product management experience. (console or mobile)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, or similar; MBA preferred (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience in strategic campaign planning and execution, specifically post launch/live services experience in gaming preferred (console, PC, or mobile)
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and a history of supporting data informed decisions
- Experience defining in-game engagement programs, providing creative input and executing player communications that drive performance
- Successful track record working closely with development studios to deliver AAA products and experiences to players, knowledge of live services feature design and how it impacts product strategy and player engagement preferred
- Strong verbal and communication skills with the ability to solve problems and drive results with cross-functional teams
- Strong passion for gaming and the industry
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task with demonstrated performance of managing multiple products/projects at once
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.